Press Release: It’s a Supra Kind of Day

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting my LE from a different state but the LEs in NY have arrived at the dealers here as well (the dealerships here in NYC, at least - I don't know about the rest of the state).
Sponsored

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Red LE, C8 Corvette Z51 Torch Red, M3C
2017977C-CEB3-47FB-931D-AE3E5DD4B9BA.png
From seeing all of TQCN's PQR (Port Quality reports), and all the DPRs, there are quite a few that had various issues that ports are waiting on parts to fix issues. At least 10 separate reports of Emblem delamination that ports are waiting on replacement parts for (These could or could not include more then 1 VIN). Various mutilation and Chalky dashboards being found.

Main reason why launch editions haven't been delivered yet, or left at first point of rest locations. I'm seeing if there is an easy way I can make a table of the issues/cars affected.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
Mutilation and chalky dashboard. What is that?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Typical idiots that don't know how to close the hood. It will get worse (dents) if they press on it. Need to gently but deliberately throw the hood down from about 15-20".

RCOB

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting for A91 delivery in Refraction Blue, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser
I wouldn't let a dealer do such a paint preparation, it usually equates to a systematic paint damaging process.
It wasn't the dealer that did the prep. The salesman has an outside detail company do the work. They did a nice job. I have since cleaned and detailed it to my liking. I will do the ceramic coating myself. Getting to know the interfaces and explore some of the menus. Tweaking little things like the lane assist - turned off, make sure I turn off the engine start stop as soon as I turn the car on, door unlock... One thing I can tell you is that the car is incredibly smooth at 100 mph - feels like your floating along at 55.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
It wasn't the dealer that did the prep. The salesman has an outside detail company do the work. They did a nice job. I have since cleaned and detailed it to my liking. I will do the ceramic coating myself. Getting to know the interfaces and explore some of the menus. Tweaking little things like the lane assist - turned off, make sure I turn off the engine start stop as soon as I turn the car on, door unlock... One thing I can tell you is that the car is incredibly smooth at 100 mph - feels like your floating along at 55.
I agree with you on how it drives. I drove mine to the car meet yesterday. I got on it slightly merging on to the freeway, looked down and i was doing 110 mph

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Some more videos from Mexico's press day.

Sponsored