It's going to be a liftback!

Are backseats a must have for you?

• Yes, I would not buy if it is not a 2+2.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I would prefer a 2+2, but it is not a deal-breaker.

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • No, I would rather have a 2 seater anyways.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Sick!
I kinda would have gathered (even without seeing this image) that it would have been a lift back.
Just didnt have a right rear end to have a boot (trunk).

But now its been 100% clarified :)
Lookin Good!

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
since its a lift back what kind of rear spoiler do you think it would have? active spoiler or fixed spoiler?

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
since its a lift back what kind of rear spoiler do you think it would have? active spoiler or fixed spoiler?
you would think if it had an active spoiler, we would have seen it being tested by now.

even though it was already pretty obvious, think this also confirms this being a 2 seater...there is no way backseats are there between the driver and the removable parcel shelf/cover you can see in the pic.

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
Well .. I'm happy. Lift back and only 2 seats. Still would love an active rear spoiler. Audi incorporates the active spoiler right into the lift back.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Yeah it was pretty obvious it was going to be a liftback. But we had people in past threads thinking it was going to have a regular trunk. I also wish the photo was larger and clearer.

Soupraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Lexus RC F | 2017 Lexus IS300 F Sport| 2006 Tundra Double Cab Limited |2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
So.... anyone else wondering about the context of the picture? Doesn't it look like it's being loaded onto a trailer out of the runoff gravel in the Nurburgring? Hmmm... Mechanical issues? Picked a bad line through the previous turn?? :hmm:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I believe past Supras also had the trunk cargo cover. And if it will have an active wing it probably won't be high like the concept. Something like the RCF is more believable.

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
looks like they went through an awful lot to hide someting. Most mules I see have at least 2 sheets of camo on the hatch. :) hmmm

hatch mkv.jpg

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
even though it was already pretty obvious, think this also confirms this being a 2 seater...there is no way backseats are there between the driver and the removable parcel shelf/cover you can see in the pic.
The placement of the cover makes me think the opposite - I would expect it to be more towards the front if there aren't any seats back there. I'm still expecting a 2 seater since it is Z4-based, but I don't really care either way.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
The placement of the cover makes me think the opposite - I would expect it to be more towards the front if there aren't any seats back there. I'm still expecting a 2 seater since it is Z4-based, but I don't really care either way.
Im still a little up in the air myself, about it having back seats.
To be traditional Toyota (In most cases) it would have back seats.
But in saying that, its shared with the Z4.

Do you think Toyota on their model, would utilize the space where the retractable roof would be on the Z4, for back seats ?? Thats a thought.
Because those roofs can take up a fair bit of rear space

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
lol what room? where does the driver sit and where does the hinge for the hatch start?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.