First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I had added the JB+ and had a lot of questions as to why I went that route. After a week of using it, I wanted more, so I looked into the JB4. Here is a video showing the JB4 installed, talking through the pieces of it, and the maps that are available and the ones I've used.

Sponsored

Fig

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gladiator/Launch Edition, 2021 4Runner TRD/PRO, C300, Supra 2021 RBlue A91
Hey Spiguyver, S. I SUB to your channel and really like the progress your making. So, I think am receiving my A91 today. Just got off the boat yesterday and from what I was told one of the last ones to come off the press. So, the key here is a Dyno at this point and wondering if you are going to do that anytime soon. I know you asked on this forum but I don't think anyone has cause I looked around... So the key as you well know is going to be will the hardware make a difference or not with the JB4 configuration vs a tune. I will be making some changes the moment it gets in all thanks to you bud, so I appreciate the POC work your doing with this machine. Right now am thinking that if you can keep me informed of what your doing, I might be able to partner in with hardware i.e. changes?... Like you I want to ensure that I don't void any warranty on the car. I was told by the chief mechanic at the dealer that the only thing that would negate the warranty would be a larger turbo on the car. All DP, intake, exhaust etc would not be a problem. Man it's exciting times, I hope to pick it up today! :) Fig

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Hey Spiguyver, S. I SUB to your channel and really like the progress your making. So, I think am receiving my A91 today. Just got off the boat yesterday and from what I was told one of the last ones to come off the press. So, the key here is a Dyno at this point and wondering if you are going to do that anytime soon. I know you asked on this forum but I don't think anyone has cause I looked around... So the key as you well know is going to be will the hardware make a difference or not with the JB4 configuration vs a tune. I will be making some changes the moment it gets in all thanks to you bud, so I appreciate the POC work your doing with this machine. Right now am thinking that if you can keep me informed of what your doing, I might be able to partner in with hardware i.e. changes?... Like you I want to ensure that I don't void any warranty on the car. I was told by the chief mechanic at the dealer that the only thing that would negate the warranty would be a larger turbo on the car. All DP, intake, exhaust etc would not be a problem. Man it's exciting times, I hope to pick it up today! :) Fig
I have a friend who knows of a couple of Dynos in the area, and I do plan on getting on one in the next couple months. I am holding out on the DP until we can do a true ECU tune, so that may be a while. But for now, I'm actually REALLY happy with the way this thing is performing on the JB4, Map 5 with E30. More power than grip! Which equals big ass smiles!

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
BTW, congrats on the car, hope you get it today!

Fig

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brother it's in my drive way. Don't know why, but I thought they were supposed to come with a HUDS display for some reason... So have you figured out how much more HP you think you got with the Fb4, am chomping on the bit.. Meant to ask, which is the best place to get the Carbon interiors.. I want to stay away from Chinese stuff..

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Brother it's in my drive way. Don't know why, but I thought they were supposed to come with a HUDS display for some reason... So have you figured out how much more HP you think you got with the Fb4, am chomping on the bit.. Meant to ask, which is the best place to get the Carbon interiors.. I want to stay away from Chinese stuff..
I spent my entire 5 hours return drive trying to figure out how to turn on the HUD... A91 edition doesn't come with one. Pretty silly, but since there's no rev counter, it's basically useless anyways. My JB4 Arrives today, and my downpipe and intake tomorrow. Realized from watching a DP install video that I'll need to remove the exhaust, so I'm going to order the Boost Logic Titanium exhaust so I can just do it all at once and be done. Car isn't even 2 weeks old yet... ugh.

For carbon fiber, it looks like FTspeed.com has a lot of stuff...

Fig

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I spent my entire 5 hours return drive trying to figure out how to turn on the HUD... A91 edition doesn't come with one. Pretty silly, but since there's no rev counter, it's basically useless anyways. My JB4 Arrives today, and my downpipe and intake tomorrow. Realized from watching a DP install video that I'll need to remove the exhaust, so I'm going to order the Boost Logic Titanium exhaust so I can just do it all at once and be done. Car isn't even 2 weeks old yet... ugh.

For carbon fiber, it looks like FTspeed.com has a lot of stuff...
Hey Dethred yea... am not missing the hud .. but; i don't know might have been cool... Interesting spent some cycles just doing some research on external huds, and to my surprise there are a bunch of them. Man I can't wait to hear from you on the JB4 installation and what your seeing. I was going to pull the trigger, and then got up with the Titan guys about the unit they have and they told me they actually dyno'ed it and got 420 out of the a91 with the AWS downpipe. That's all good, but it would be nice to have someone with the JB4 with all stock 91 to see what they do... Hopefully you or Spiyguyer will get us some real numbers... At least Titan got us something with the dyno, would be nice if JB4 would do something like that supporting their product on the A91 edition. Maybe they did and I missed it?...

First Name
Braden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2023 MT 3.0 (on the way)
Hey, Mark. Digging the videos! I just got the JB4 installed on my 2021. I've been running map 3 on 93 octane and feel a power increase especially at the top end but my sports displays say otherwise.

Have you used your JB4 while looking at the sports displays? On map 3 my display only shows a peak HP of 355HP or so. On Map 0 I get a peak HP of 383HP consistently. Kinda weird considering it feels faster than stock but maybe it's just placebo?:dunno:

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Hey, Mark. Digging the videos! I just got the JB4 installed on my 2021. I've been running map 3 on 93 octane and feel a power increase especially at the top end but my sports displays say otherwise.

Have you used your JB4 while looking at the sports displays? On map 3 my display only shows a peak HP of 355HP or so. On Map 0 I get a peak HP of 383HP consistently. Kinda weird considering it feels faster than stock but maybe it's just placebo?:dunno:
This is normal, JB4 can't switch sport display stuff that's when an ECU comes in handy
Sponsored