JB4 CEL Code!

bobombo

First Name
Lan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium 2021
Has somebody got these code on the JB4? I'm running on map3. Thanks.

20211219_174820.jpg
Sponsored

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
turn off map 3, it isn’t safe. Need to custom tune your JB4 or stay on map 2!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It doesn't matter what map you use, you'll get that fault time to time.

But I don't believe that fault should throw a CEL, if it does clear it. JB4 is telling you to ignore it.

To clear codes, toss the car into diagnostic mode, connect to JB4 and hit 'Delete Codes.' Nothing interesting here.

OP
OP

bobombo

First Name
Lan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium 2021
What's the other 102A63 code for? Thanks all for the inputs.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is a fault code. Likely happened if a sensor was unplugged while the battery was plugged in. You'll see a ton of fault codes if you scan often. It it's something to worry about, you'll get a CEL and then it's time to scan.

The actual value of the code is: "Intake air temperature sensor: Short circuit to B+". If your intake temp sensor actually has a problem, you shouldn't get an IAT reading on JB4.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
For reference if you’re looking for particular fault codes you can use bmwfault.codes

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jesse flat out told me and others map3 is not safe to run. Could be he is trying to drum up business, but I don’t think so.
Map 3 is generally not safe to run. It's an additive map that can push the car a bit too far. Some logs might look great, but get some rough fuel or any number of other things and you can be in a bad spot.

OP
OP

bobombo

First Name
Lan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium 2021
Jesse flat out told me and others map3 is not safe to run. Could be he is trying to drum up business, but I don’t think so.
I've been running map2 for a week or so and no problem.

Just switched to map3 this morning. The car is freaky fast but then later threw these codes.

Although I did play with DWP setting to 80. I don't think it's the reason for these codes.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Although I did play with DWP setting to 80.
DWP is likely what gave you the tuner code. I'd still not run map 3. It's 6psi additive. If your DME requests 16psi for whatever reason, the JB4 is going to try to adapt that up to 22psi.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
One thing you guys need to know about the JB4 and why you shouldnt push the car too hard on JB4 without a flash backing it. Is because without a flash, the ECU runs stock timing and fueling targets.

JB4 cannot adjust fuel and timing targets.

Stock fuel and timing is fine for stock boost levels and power. But once you raise boost, its no longer a fully safe fuel and timing target. Running really good quality fuel helps.

But just so its known, the JB4 relies on the ECU to pull timing to try and save the engine. While its works ok this way, pushing a car too far can be an issue, especially if using the JB4 autotune feature. Where it reduces boost based on timing retard average over a few pulls. So sometime it may not drop boost fast enough if you went to aggressive.

In short, the JB4 has its place, but don't get greedy and put yourself in a bad position when using only the JB4. i've been tuning BMW cars on JB4 with and without flashes for 6-8years. So i've seen it all.

Always err toward a proper flash when possible.

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
There has been a lot of chatter on the forum about map 3 potentiality being unsafe. I have 93 pump in my state but I still didn't take the risk and reached out to Jesse. He was great to me and I pull hard with no CELs

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
I've been running map2 for a week or so and no problem.

Just switched to map3 this morning. The car is freaky fast but then later threw these codes.

Because you set DWP setting to 80. That's why it's throw these codes.
But if you set DWP back to zero you are fine It won't have that issue.
But contact @Jesse DaBears and have him give you a custom map 6 It will run much better and smoother
Sponsored