OP

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Got a few pictures from some photographers at the last autocross. The car definitely handles much better with all the grip. Pads and some brake fluid are definitely in order before the next one.

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg
IMG_8515.jpg

DSC_5524.jpg

DSC_5525.jpg

OP
OP

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Upcoming Track Sprint on the infield at Daytona. Found out that I'd need a roll bar to pass tech with the R888Rs. Still had the stock wheels, and I found someone to trade OEM Wheels + Tires for OEM wheels + cash so I could still run. (Time to start researching roll bar options)

Added CSG C21/C11 brake pads and flushed the fluid and replaced it with some Motul 660.
The process was relatively easy, the brake pad sensors were a bit brittle. I can definitely see one of those going out on repeated changes. They definitely stop well, but I do wonder if they're worth the extra cost. The guy who traded me the tires has on Endless pads at the moment, I wonder if we can find a spot to do a back to back comparison between the two. The bedding process was a bit violent on the street. That would be the biggest deterrent for me on switching pads.

Also pretty damn sure my PCV system is giving up the ghost, going to have to research the various options for valve cover fixes.

Final thoughts, Remnant PI/Intake manifold... very interesting.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Upcoming Track Sprint on the infield at Daytona. Found out that I'd need a roll bar to pass tech with the R888Rs. Still had the stock wheels, and I found someone to trade OEM Wheels + Tires for OEM wheels + cash so I could still run. (Time to start researching roll bar options)

Added CSG C21/C11 brake pads and flushed the fluid and replaced it with some Motul 660.
The process was relatively easy, the brake pad sensors were a bit brittle. I can definitely see one of those going out on repeated changes. They definitely stop well, but I do wonder if they're worth the extra cost. The guy who traded me the tires has on Endless pads at the moment, I wonder if we can find a spot to do a back to back comparison between the two. The bedding process was a bit violent on the street. That would be the biggest deterrent for me on switching pads.

Also pretty damn sure my PCV system is giving up the ghost, going to have to research the various options for valve cover fixes.

Final thoughts, Remnant PI/Intake manifold... very interesting.
Highly recommend the Project Mu Club Racers. They are about half the price of the CSG and probably 90% of the performance. I've been through two sets over 18 track days. They work great.

Front: PMU-PCR09Z723
Rear: PMU-PCR09Z625

What group is making you run a rollbar with 100tw tires? FYI, almost all of the top runner 200TW tires are faster than the R888R. So another way to get around that rule if you want to.

Rocses

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
While waiting on wheels I decided to try this steering wheel cover from Amazon. Just couldn't justify 500 bucks for a new steering wheel. But 55 bucks was worth a shot. 100% removing the wheel would of been a lot easier and my 12 o'clock stripe would be 12 o'clock instead of 12:05. Still have to tuck the fabric in a bit more on the back, it is a real pain getting it tucked in on the back. Doesn't really feel like it has the room.

20220418_190145.jpg

20220418_210140.jpg
did the same on mine, love the feeling. i used the tape it came with for the back

OP
OP

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been a hot sec.
Let's see, had a track day at Sebring and the Pure 850 decided that was the last straw. Started smoking like a diesel truck rolling coal on the way home. Took it out, terrible shaft play and burned through a lot of oil.

Hated the Pure850, so had them downgrade it to a Pure 800 to get a bit more responsiveness out of it. Short lived, after putting the rebuilt Pure back on, found some very fun rod knock. (6870 is definitely in the future plans)

1683312054015.png

Found a new storage/DIY car club and proceeded to get to work
1683312134829.png

1683312167405.png

1683312198707.png

Pulled everything in one very long day
1683312233741.png

Boxed up and waiting for shipping.
Pure transmission was back in like a week, engine was supposed to be here yesterday. (Now unknown, 'MAYBE' Monday, maybe Tuesday...maybe not even then.

Motor coming back from P2uned, just a simple stage 1 build.
Pure Transmission stage 1 as well.

Decided to stop playing around, also adding LPFP, 1650cc FIC injectors, and an AMS intake manifold and see how long until I get bored of the Pure 800 and go with a full size turbo.

Pure 850 > 800 should help with spool, as should the bump in compression to 11.0:1. That combined with the extra fuel and transmission will be able to take off the safeties that were limiting the power before.

Hopefully I'll take more pictures when I put it back together.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
Been a hot sec.
Let's see, had a track day at Sebring and the Pure 850 decided that was the last straw. Started smoking like a diesel truck rolling coal on the way home. Took it out, terrible shaft play and burned through a lot of oil.

Hated the Pure850, so had them downgrade it to a Pure 800 to get a bit more responsiveness out of it. Short lived, after putting the rebuilt Pure back on, found some very fun rod knock. (6870 is definitely in the future plans)

1683312054015.png

Found a new storage/DIY car club and proceeded to get to work
1683312134829.png

1683312167405.png

1683312198707.png

Pulled everything in one very long day
1683312233741.png

Boxed up and waiting for shipping.
Pure transmission was back in like a week, engine was supposed to be here yesterday. (Now unknown, 'MAYBE' Monday, maybe Tuesday...maybe not even then.

Motor coming back from P2uned, just a simple stage 1 build.
Pure Transmission stage 1 as well.

Decided to stop playing around, also adding LPFP, 1650cc FIC injectors, and an AMS intake manifold and see how long until I get bored of the Pure 800 and go with a full size turbo.

Pure 850 > 800 should help with spool, as should the bump in compression to 11.0:1. That combined with the extra fuel and transmission will be able to take off the safeties that were limiting the power before.

Hopefully I'll take more pictures when I put it back together.

any updates on the new setup??

OP
OP

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any updates on the new setup??
A few. After a few delays will be putting everything back together tomorrow.

First - I hate freight companies.
Tracking info said it would be there on I think it was a Thursday, said it was on schedule. So I take the day off to receive the motor. The day goes on, I call the company, it was delayed they tell me that it'll be the next day Friday. I take Friday off, the same thing happens again. Had to go through several angry calls where they're like we're ready to deliver it today (Monday) and I'm like sorry I've taken two days off work I'm not taking any more PTO and got them to schedule a delivery window that wasn't all day.

Rant over.

There were a few delays. The motor came in, but it was missing the injectors. Then as these things go, there were some issues with the injectors when they came in. P2uned worked with me and got it sorted. Then my new oil filter housing came in (didn't realize the oil cooler didn't come with the package - so had to order that and now waiting on it to show up tomorrow). I will start puttting it back tomorrow night! Very excited at least until I find some random piece that needs to be ordered and I have to wait another 2 weeks. The biggest debate I have going on is do I go with 80A or 90A for my motor mounts since changing them will be a PITA.
I'm leaning towards 80A - because either way harsher or softer between 70A and 90A probably won't be enough to make me want to pull them off and change them.

Pure transmission patiently waiting in the background.
1686074933815.png

1686074987716.png

What an absolute rat's nest.
1686075009592.png

OP
OP

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Long weekend, was really hoping for a start up this weekend but looks like it'll have to be later.

1. Verus motor mounts with 90A bushings, so very stiff. Lesson learned: install the mounts on the motor instead of the chassis and leave some slop. There is no movement in the motor at all, this was probably a bad idea to go with 90A for the daily.
2. VTT phenolic spacer does not line up 100% with the Supra (location for the dowels is off - too low), and didn't fit with the AMS intake manifold. Would need to cut the spacer to make room for the dowels in the AMS intake manifold. (Was also a pain trying to line up the spacer and a gasket and the intake manifold all at once - the dowels not matching up and being exhausted probably didn't help. I may revisit it later if the IATs suck enough)
3. Followed Radium's directions for fuel pump removal - and as a result tried to pull out the red retaining clip and the white one - damaged them instead of just pushing in like Visconti's directions say to do. Time to just order an upgraded LPFP line that will do nothing since the hole in the hat is smaller than the OEM line since I can't find the clips.
4. LPFP - so much cursing just kept thinking "Why don't you just go home? That's your home! Are you too good for your home?". Then it finally clicked into place and there was much rejoicing.
5. Just looking at my Reflex harness and my flex fuel harness and I think there may have been some changes because no idea how this is supposed to just clip together.

Left to do:
Fuel line retaining clips - or just new upgraded LPFP
Upgraded charge pipe coupler - current one fits but I'd rather have some more room.
A/C recharge
Sort that last Reflex connection out
Clean up that fuel vent line
Fill up with fluids and refill transmission
Tune
Then start up, check for leaks, and then button it all back up

Start
1686538623982.png

1686538658189.png

1686539905423.png