Lack of a spare tire, concerning?

N3FOL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'08 Prius, '13 Camry Hybrid, '17 Sienna SE
A tire plug and a small compressor is something nice to carry just in case you are in the middle of nowhere.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
A tire plug and a small compressor is something nice to carry just in case you are in the middle of nowhere.
Agreed. I always keep a compressor, tire plug and patch kit, bright battery powered utility light and a compact spare in the car.

When in the middle of nowhere or on a highway with nothing in the way of a service station for a couple hundred miles or more in the pitch black of night these things are prerequisite.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Does anyone have any opinions on the OEM vs the Modern Spare version? I saw a link for a OEM spare from a wrecked Supra at a good price.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ll be purchasing the modern spare tire kit- rated for higher speeds and comes with tools
Good info. Since this is my GF's car we would not keep the spare in the car unless on a long trip. Plan would be if she gets a flat to call me, then I throw the spare, floor jack, and tools in my truck and come to the rescue.

I'll see what she wants to order.

But I do like the all inclusive tools in the Modern Spare. Question: I see there is a cubby hole in the back of the hatch. Will the tools from the Modern Spare kit fit in there?

Last edited:

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Believe tire and tools fit inside the cover/bag

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Contacted Modern spare, if you purchase entire kit, there is a zippered pouch inside the larger tire bag that holds all tools, Jack, etc secure

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Contacted Modern spare, if you purchase entire kit, there is a zippered pouch inside the larger tire bag that holds all tools, Jack, etc secure
Yep, I have one in my garage at all times. I can ask my son or wife to bring it out to me when needed.. or a buddy since I can open the garage remotely with my iPhone given I have cellular signal. It's quite nice. Hope I never have to use it.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Appreciate the info!

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep, I have one in my garage at all times. I can ask my son or wife to bring it out to me when needed.. or a buddy since I can open the garage remotely with my iPhone given I have cellular signal. It's quite nice. Hope I never have to use it.
Same plan here. Did you test fit to make sure it clears the calipers front/back?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Same plan here. Did you test fit to make sure it clears the calipers front/back?
I have spacers on my car so I thought it would be a non issue..(?). 9/10 times I pop the rear tire from front tire kick up so I think it should clear the calipers. If I pop the front I will try it with the spacers, if not run the rear wheel temporarily on the front and place the spare on the rear as how done on some performance cars.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have spacers on my car so I thought it would be a non issue..(?). 9/10 times I pop the rear tire from front tire kick up so I think it should clear the calipers. If I pop the front I will try it with the spacers, if not run the rear wheel temporarily on the front and place the spare on the rear as how done on some performance cars.
Since there is only one wheel listed (that I saw) I'm assuming it should clear both.

If/when we get this I will confirm fitment and post back....likely a while though.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I know this is an old thread but did you ever end up buying this kit, and if so, how did you like it? Was it OEM quality and such?
Sponsored