Launch Edition - Long Term Demand?

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
What does everyone think in regards to demand for the 1500 launch editions long term??

I have a Red LE - and although I love it - (Like rub it with a diaper and snuggle with it once my wife goes to bed... checking on it like its a baby and sometimes losing hours just staring at it) I am curious what people think the demand for LE version will be in 1 or 2 years?

Really its the rims, mirror caps and seats.

Rims you can powder coat non LE editions....
Who really cares about mirror caps...
and the seats are still the same seats. (Mine are black anyway too)

Just curious what other owners think -

Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think this has been discussed many times in separate threads and I'd say everyone agrees with you. As I mentioned before, even the signature and # of 1500 badge can be easily copied and no one would even bat an eye as we've yet to discover a link between LE# and VIN.
Sad really, but it is what it is...
On a side note, I'm going to flip if Toyota comes out with a major update in 2020, which would further devalue LE's.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
What does everyone think in regards to demand for the 1500 launch editions long term??

I have a Red LE - and although I love it - (Like rub it with a diaper and snuggle with it once my wife goes to bed... checking on it like its a baby and sometimes losing hours just staring at it) I am curious what people think the demand for LE version will be in 1 or 2 years?

Really its the rims, mirror caps and seats.

Rims you can powder coat non LE editions....
Who really cares about mirror caps...
and the seats are still the same seats. (Mine are black anyway too)

Just curious what other owners think -

Just like the 2015 STI launch edition. Which had blue stitching instead of red, and gold wheels. Limited to 1000 in NA. other than that, it's the same as the regular one. They were mostly sold over MSRP, just like the Supra. But after 6 months or so, the hype was gone, and they were just another STI. same will happen here. "Special editions" that keep more value, are ones that have extra horsepower, better suspension, some sort of increased performance. Think Integra Type R vs regular, RX-8 R3 vs regular, and so on. "Limited edition" that don't offer anything but a lick of paint tend to not hold anywhere near as much value over their regular counterparts.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think this has been discussed many times in separate threads and I'd say everyone agrees with you. As I mentioned before, even the signature and # of 1500 badge can be easily copied and no one would even bat an eye as we've yet to discover a link between LE# and VIN.
Sad really, but it is what it is...
On a side note, I'm going to flip if Toyota comes out with a major update in 2020, which would further devalue LE's.
They already said they're going to. There will probably be a limited edition every year.

Trojan1992

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3, GT3, TRD Pro 4Runner and 2020 V60 Polestar T8
Anyone outside of the YouTube crowd that paid over MSRP for this car is going to be very sad when they go to sell it. Plenty of brands have LE models and none of them appreciate. Usually LE means they package most of their best options and discount out it some to get the car, well...launched. The dealers were grasping on to anything and everything to justify their absurd ADM. I had dealers reference the first one sold for 2.1M to the MKIV rise in the used markets. It's none of those.

Had the car been more powerful, carbon fiber exterior parts, Lighter seats etc etc then yes.

We are going to feel like every ///M car buyer when the new one rolls in next year, ask the M2 guys how much their cars fell when the M2C arrived.

I knew it coming in and made sure to get what I wanted and not give the dealer a damn dime more than they deserved.

Enjoy the car and don't worry about resale. I'm still chuckling at the ADM on the inventory out there.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Toyota already said they going to bring out a higher performance version . That's going to really knock values

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I would say launch numbers under 10 may hold their value better but not much

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Red LE, C8 Corvette Z51 Torch Red, M3C
I would say launch numbers under 10 may hold their value better but not much
The numbers were randomly placed on the cars based on what dealer they were going to. Toyota wanted to spread out the numbers so no one area would have all low numbers or high numbers. The cars vin is irrelevant to the number plaques added to each LE car at delivery processing points. The number 2 car is not the second launch produced. It’s completely random.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
When did they say this?
It will likely be the GRMN version, harder and more track focused and only available in limited numbers in all likelihood. Nothing official about it yet, but will likely be similar to what the Cayman GT4 is to the Cayman S, or might go more like the 86 GRMN and do a load to the handling but leave the engine pretty much alone...

splions

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
I didn't pay over sticker and I absolutely love the car. I am not going to worry about resale value. I bought the car because it is great looking, has strong performance, and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. That makes it worth every penny to me.
Sponsored