Looking for Magnaflow X-Mod with stock downpipe (sound/video clips)

JKIM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hi Guys,

Have found no luck in finding anyone that has a video clip with a magnaflow x-mod with stock downpipe both inside/outside cabin. Trying to decide if the difference in sound is worth the purchase.. Just want a lot more sound but don't want to install catless that may cause CEL..
Sponsored

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Video and sound clips doesnt do any exhaust much justice, so its kind of hard to gauge. The sound is better than stock with a stock dp but quite a bit better with a high flow catted/catless dp. If you are just going for loud, there are louder options than magnaflow. I love the sound of my magnaflow with the muffler deletes, not too obnoxious but pretty aggressive sounding.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I have magnaflow with no mufflers (installed straight through sections)
On sport mode, when u manually?
Upshift it sounds awesome ? PS
Stock DP

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
I randomly found someone running magnaflow and stock DP on the highway. We exited the highway and compared sound. He was running a muffler on the open side and the delete on the valved side. It sounded amazing on and off the road. My high flow catted DS-1 downpipe and stock exhaust didn't sound anywhere near as good. Needless to say, the magnaflow is on my short list of upgrades to install now.
He did say that he couldn't stand the muffler delete on the open side when on the highway, which is why he uses a muffler for comfort mode.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have a short clip of normal and sport mode rev's ill upload to youtube for ya.

Stock dp, muffler on the non valved side and straight pipe on the valved side.

If you watch the video with headphones or a good set of speakers its sounds decently true to life.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Also, u have an option with magnaflow,
They give u downpipes (cat to muffler)
One pipe is roughly 1/2” larger

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, u have an option with magnaflow,
They give u downpipes (cat to muffler)
One pipe is roughly 1/2” larger
Oh yes I forgot about this. I am using the 3" pipe not the 3.5". Was hoping the smaller diameter pipe would keep it a little quieter.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Oh yes I forgot about this. I am using the 3" pipe not the 3.5". Was hoping the smaller diameter pipe would keep it a little quieter.
I’ve heard of unwanted vibration from the 3.5”. I have the set sitting in my basement with a catless dp. It’ll be loud

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve heard of unwanted vibration from the 3.5”. I have the set sitting in my basement with a catless dp. It’ll be loud
Honestly I did notice a decent amount of vibration when I installed my exhaust too. Not sure if I just got used to it or it went away but I don't really notice it anymore.

Didn't make anything in the car rattle or anything, just kinda like a butt massage.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
After several 100 miles u have to re tighten all the clamps, they do get loose from heat cycles

OP
OP

JKIM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
That sounds awesome... How much difference in sound did you find in the cabin on sports mode? I just don't think stock sounds aggressive enough, especially if you turn off active sound. If you have any in-cabin clips, you might have convinced me..

Last edited:
OP
OP

JKIM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I have magnaflow with no mufflers (installed straight through sections)
On sport mode, when u manually?
Upshift it sounds awesome ? PS
Stock DP
thanks for the input. did you do no mufflers on both sides? or just on the valved?

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
First I did combination of the two,muffler on non valved side and straight pipe on valved side, then I went straight on both, in the cabin, on sport mode, for long trips, sport mode can get somewhat annoying, but that’s hard to tell considering faux noise.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That sounds awesome... How much difference in sound did you find in the cabin on sports mode? I just don't think stock sounds aggressive enough, especially if you turn off active sound. If you have any in-cabin clips, you might have convinced me..
Oh it's night and day. I turned of ASD one time when I still had my stock exhaust and I was astonished at how much sound was pumped in through the speakers. The car was so quiet I turned the ASD back on immediately. Now I have it off and get all the sound I need from the exhaust.

It's nice, in normal mode the car is still decently quiet. It does make some noise under load or if you punch it but just cruising around town it's decently quiet. Once you hit sport the car makes plenty of noise. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Sponsored