Lotus Emira

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Funny that this post came back around again just when I got my portal placement order in. And what's also interesting the comments in this thread. I've been debating if I was going to keep my MKV along side with the Emira because each would have their own unique purpose.

The issue I have is Toyota itself and the experience I've been having with this Supra. (I'm the guy that's getting a 2023 from Toyota to replace my 2021 for Oil burning issues) With all the issues I've been having with my current, had me thinking to just trade in the new MKV for the Emira and be rid of the Toyota headache. These comments now have me second guessing that.

I have zero interest in a Cayman. If I'm going to go Porsche, it would be full send, and that car begins with the letter 9.
Sponsored

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
The 986 Boxter 2.5?? Horrible carā€¦ šŸ˜‰
I have no opinions on that car, just not my preference. We all have our favorites and mine are none of the cars I dream about are NA. (I take that back, the LFA, I do love the LFA)

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have no opinions on that car, just not my preference. We all have our favorites and mine are none of the cars I dream about are NA. (I take that back, the LFA, I do love the LFA)
Lol it was a joke. The 986 Boxter 2.5 was a remarkably boring porsche in the 90s.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
People are cancelling Emiras. You can go to any fealr in the UK and grab a brand new car without a wait.

This car is not that good and with the price tag, it has a lot of competition that is simply better. V6 emira is still pretty much the same 15-years old Toyota engine. I4 doesn't get good reviews and sorry but Ā£80k for an i4 is ridiculous.

Ps. I'm coming from the lotus world for the last 14 years. I had 5 lotuses so far. And I think GR Supra is a better car in every possible way than Emira.
Yes the i4 reviews are less than stellar. I had 3 Esprit Turbo's and desired a 4cyl vice 6cyl due to heritage and an appreciation for power with a touch of economy when not storming fun roads or the Autobahn. I like a DSG and or PDK gearbox as well. The 6 is too heavy for what it is. We will test the 4cyl but buying new? Not anymore lol!

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Well I feel extremely sad to see the Emira failing like this. This means the company will focus on electric SUVs and other junk.
On the other side I agree that the pricing is very wrong, and the emira competition is caymans, supras, TTRS and at least in Europe the Alpine S which is placed 30kā‚¬ below.
Fully agree. In Europe there are good options. I want to like the Emira but that might take some time. I wanted the 4cyl to replace my 22 M240i-xDrive. We shall see. Certainly the Alpine has the appeal and formula of the Emira.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yes the i4 reviews are less than stellar. I had 3 Esprit Turbo's and desired a 4cyl vice 6cyl due to heritage and an appreciation for power with a touch of economy when not storming fun roads or the Autobahn. I like a DSG and or PDK gearbox as well. The 6 is too heavy for what it is. We will test the 4cyl but buying new? Not anymore lol!

I kind of want an old esprit turbo for like a car show car.
Not sure if i want to punish my mechanic that hard?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Well, this is discouraging...

I may have to rethink my mid-engine, 6cyl with a manual for $100k and divert my attention back to my original dream car - the NA1 NSX.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Well, this is discouraging...

I may have to rethink my mid-engine, 6cyl with a manual for $100k and divert my attention back to my original dream car - the NA1 NSX.
The NA1 with the 3.2L V6 and 6 speed manual šŸ¤¤.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
A friend has one on order. One of the first on the list.