1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
Got this warning right st start up
Car has 4k miles. No leaks or white smoke…

checked the big coolant bottle was nearly empty.
CD93CF58-26F5-415B-B312-6389EA44A77E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
Thats the plan. Hoping it just had an air pocket ?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had this happen too. Mine appears to be evaporating around the seals of the sensors and caps on the reservoir. Had the system pressure tested last month and inspected by a shop but they said it was all as should be. Just watching levels and filling it up as needed

OP
OP

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
I had this happen too. Mine appears to be evaporating around the seals of the sensors and caps on the reservoir. Had the system pressure tested last month and inspected by a shop but they said it was all as should be. Just watching levels and filling it up as needed
Have you had to refill more than once?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had to refill more than once?
No. Only filled once in about 10k miles. The link below looks pretty spot on with it being the caps. I’m going to purchase some new ones and see if that fixes that. I wonder if putting something on the threads might help temporarily to seal a little better.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, it appears to be a common issue on the B58's. But on mine, I had to REMOVE coolant as it was completely overfilled.. like the level indicator has at the bottom of the ocean deep.

When I did the Ti bleeder I had to towel catch like a full cup of coolant.. completely cold engine.. and it's still high. :crazy:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I just had this happen last night. I added the Ti bleeder a few weeks ago and figured I just didn't tighten it quite enough - going from plastic with phillips head to Ti with allen wrench, I was a little hesitant to put too much torque on it and strip the threads.

Looked it over in bright sunlight today and can't see anywhere that is obvious as far as any leaks.

I'm not too concerned considering I've got just over 26K miles and haven't checked it in over a year (doh!). Only had to add about 20oz of distilled to completely fill so despite being below "low" on the little marker, the reservoir wasn't completely empty thankfully. ?

Even wiped everything down with a white towel to see if I could detect residue on the side of the reservoir and surrounding areas... nothing there so must have just been a very slow push-out that was evaporating almost as fast as it was weeping.

Now I'll be more religious in checking it at least once every month or two.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just did my bleeder screw today... nothing came out when i removed my stock one, it just depressurized... i'm gonna check my coolant now. ?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's weird we have to unscrew the coolant cap to see whether the coolant is low or not (ghetto) while the oil dip stick is electronic (StarTrek). Then the brake fluid is just a standard reservoir (PepBoys)..

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It's weird we have to unscrew the coolant cap to see whether the coolant is low or not (ghetto) while the oil dip stick is electronic (StarTrek). Then the brake fluid is just a standard reservoir (PepBoys)..
Well, that's somewhat understandable when Toyota's side of the "partnership" basically amounted to handing over a truckload of cash and then making a few tiny adjustments after BMW was done with everything. :rolleyes:

To be fair however, the result is very good - and if GM would have done it... it wouldn't even have a "low coolant" warning. They'd have considered the job done by including a warning light for "you've already overheated and done permanent damage to your engine." ?

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Had this happen to me this morning at 20k miles. The Toyota dealer was nearby work so I drove there first. They topped the coolant off and said the found no leaks.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unless you're smelling burnt coolant after a drive, I wouldn't worry.. it's a typical thing I maintain on all my cars. Even a few months ago on my daily drivers they both needed some coolant added.. and no leaks on those cars either. I recommend just checking it every 5-6 months or when you do an oil change.
Sponsored