Low Supra Inventory: There's a Shortage of Four-Cylinder Toyota Supras

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
I look for 3.0 Supras about once a week to see what the market is doing. I've noticed that inventory is becoming comically low, so it will be interesting to see if prices continue to climb or not :nixon:

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
I look for 3.0 Supras about once a week to see what the market is doing. I've noticed that inventory is becoming comically low, so it will be interesting to see if prices continue to climb or not :nixon:
Yeah, I just did a quick search for Socal local inventory and I could hardly find any Supra's. It looks like Longo may have(5) 2.0's and Autonation shows a few 3.0's but all pending sale. It might be the opposite situation on the west coast compared to where the article was talking about.

I'm glad I bought my 3.0 back in March 2021. There were still a decent amount of 3.0's and was able to bargain (end of month/1st quarter). Now that I think of it, there were a shit ton of 2.0's available around that time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I was just reading that dealers are asking
way over MSRP. Even a used Supra is as much or more than a new one.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I just did a quick search for Socal local inventory and I could hardly find any Supra's. It looks like Longo may have(5) 2.0's and Autonation shows a few 3.0's but all pending sale. It might be the opposite situation on the west coast compared to where the article was talking about.

I'm glad I bought my 3.0 back in March 2021. There were still a decent amount of 3.0's and was able to bargain (end of month/1st quarter). Now that I think of it, there were a shit ton of 2.0's available around that time.
Longo is a great dealer. They special ordered my 2001 MR2 Spider. Iā€™d probably go there again, even though its a 2.5 mile drive from San Diego.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
It explains it in the story
Yeah it says "Covid", but why isn't it affecting the 3.0s as well?

What I'm wondering is if the demand for the 2.0 was a little lower then Toyota had expected for the U.S. So maybe they are allocating more 2.0s for JP and EU where the demand is much higher.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat

What I'm wondering is if the demand for the 2.0 was a little lower then Toyota had expected for the U.S. So maybe they are allocating more 2.0s for JP and EU where the demand is much higher.
There is lower stock of 2.0s to begin with, so you'd think they'd dry up a little quicker. Especially right now when everyone wants to buy something fun, whether that be Cars or other toys ?. Glad I bought my 3.0 premium back in Jan.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

15% of allocation goes to the 2.0. The rest is for the 3.0, so thatā€™s their priority

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
Lol we have plenty available at my dealership just message me
Sponsored