Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Talk to Manuel nice, Talk sweetly. Clutches do indeed have a G spot. Know it well before you aggressively slot her/his notches. 😉😉

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner, gt350 (sold)
I noitced the abrupt 1-2 shift during the first 500 miles or so. After the car gets warmed up I am seeing the shifts are smoother from 1-2. I am currently at 1000 miles.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Recalibration of the drive-by-wire throttle.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Ride with someone who has an auto and make note at where it shifts and how it feels when driving chill and casual then when driving sporty.

Should give you an idea of where/how you should be shifting as a baseline then you can modify from there to meet the circumstances

(in before someone says the car shifts 16 times before making it across the intersection I'm normal mode)

YES I KNOW

OP
OP

Phtommie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mini van
Thanks everyone for helping me ride Manuel. Turns out I released the clutch way too quickly. What I found to make shifting seamless was to depress the clutch and let it hang for a second and let tach drop before shifting.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Thanks everyone for helping me ride Manuel. Turns out I released the clutch way too quickly. What I found to make shifting seamless was to depress the clutch and let it hang for a second and let tach drop before shifting.
Sweet, enjoy man. Driving stick used to mean something back in the day. We all had to stall out a few times. 😁 Probably took me 15 minutes I tried to get my 1982 Honda CM450 out of the driveway the first time. Stalls after stalls, hardly moved. Embarrassing as hell. Once I got going 30 mph felt like 90mph. 🫡

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It’s not a manual, it’s a Manuel.
For those who dunno

6261d7edade80.jpeg

Back to topic, you can have all sorts of fun with the clutch. Hopefully it's not brittle like early STIs where you just can't drop the clutch at all..

You can blip the clutch during drive, keep revs up, rev match, double clutch, etc. Etc. If you're not doing these yet, you gotta. Ton of fun..

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Talk to Manuel nice, Talk sweetly. Clutches do indeed have a G spot. Know it well before you aggressively slot her/his notches. 😉😉
Also know that those notches will usually loosen up a bit with more use over time.
Sponsored