Maximum power on 91 Tune

Ryantran2920

First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Hi I just curious how much power we could achieve 91 pump gas I live in SoCal so no 93 don’t want to add ethanol
Current mod
MST intake
Boost logic catless
Bm3 stage 2
Is it worth getting custom tune for 91 in your opinion? If so which tuner shop you would recommend? Anything help I’m new to the platform.
Sponsored

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I couldn't really find any exact numbers online but BM3 Stage 2 OTS for 93 is around 440-450 so I am guessing 91 is around 430hp. OTS maps are usually pretty conservative so you should be able to get a bit more power with a custom tune.

Since you are new to the platform, I would look into if your ECU is tunable first. All ECUs will have to be unlocked. 2020 and early 2021 model years can be unlocked in the states for a couple hundred bucks, but anything later will require you to take out the ECU and ship it to some company it Europe to get it unlocked. IDK too much about that process since I got a 2020, but if you look up FEMTO unlock on the forums you should be able to find a bunch of resources.

OP
OP
Ryantran2920

Ryantran2920

First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I couldn't really find any exact numbers online but BM3 Stage 2 OTS for 93 is around 440-450 so I am guessing 91 is around 430hp. OTS maps are usually pretty conservative so you should be able to get a bit more power with a custom tune.

Since you are new to the platform, I would look into if your ECU is tunable first. All ECUs will have to be unlocked. 2020 and early 2021 model years can be unlocked in the states for a couple hundred bucks, but anything later will require you to take out the ECU and ship it to some company it Europe to get it unlocked. IDK too much about that process since I got a 2020, but if you look up FEMTO unlock on the forums you should be able to find a bunch of resources.
Yes it’s femto unlocked!

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Nice! So I think with a femto unlock you should just be able to get any tuning platform (Ecutek, BM3,or MHD) and flash an OTS map on it. I know BM3 has an option to request a custom tune through the app. They have a list of verified tuners that you can request a tune from. Just need to send them your data logs from the app and they should be able to make a custom tune for you. I am not sure if the other two have something similar but I would assume so.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
If you are in Cali, your 91oct is trash. It's more like 87oct over there. So I would not bother trying to go crazy. Just run the OTS and make sure it's for Cali 91 and not for regular 91.