OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I bought some spacers and brand new hardware for the strut brace modification. Getting grade 5 titanium from China... I ordered it by mistake not knowing until I saw where it was being shipped from. Wish me luck. I should have this modified in a week or 2 Hopefully this works.

I'm also going to see if I can't change out the plastic panel plugs with titanium screws. I think I can use some rivets in the holes. We'll see how that turns out. I think JD Customs has something like this already available.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
That hose rubbing there is not ideal....
It's well protected. If something does happen to the hose it's a non issue. I've been keeping an eye on it.

I was more concerned about the plastic terminal bracket thingy melting... which some of it did. I had to cut off the melted plastic and get it protected with heat wrap. Also my engine cover looks like it was about to catch on fire 😀

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Oil vapor can be flamible.
So I got paranoid and checked. The hose is not actually touching the turbo. Also under load the engine causes the turbo to tilt away from the hose. There are no signs of rubbing so far.

Well you'll know what happened if I have a long hiatus from the forum.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
My IAT in between running the car hard during a spirited drive. It cools down insanely quick. I think I'm good. I'm also going to make the move over to Motul Sport Ester 5w40 for my next oil change.

Screenshot_20220819-193800.jpg

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
IATs of 105 are still a bit high on your setup. I wouldn't really expect them to be so high, but you do have a top mount.
I was told that was pretty low for the conditions here. Plus it was almost 100 degrees outside that day.

Edit: I'll see what my IAT is when things start to cool down a bit.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Oh didn't even think about that. It's starting to cool off in the midwest. Only ~5 above ambient is good.
I believe it was about 95 on the day I screen capped this. So it was 10 above ambient while I was cruising at 3000 RPM.

During my runs it get up into the 120s.

Reactions: zrk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I believe it was about 95 on the day I screen capped this. So it was 10 above ambient while I was cruising at 3000 RPM.

During my runs it get up into the 120s.
Out of curiosity, what were your baseline numbers?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Doing some drilling and customizing under the hood. The Torque Solution strut bars are modified and relocated. I'm changing out a few of the plastic plugs to be replaced by bolts.

The strut braces are also elevated quite a bit, thankfully there is way more space in the Seibon Hood than the stock hood so there isn't any clearance issue.

Yeah. I've drilled into the frame of the car. It's basically part of my family now. I'm still waiting on a few more bolts to come in. The hardware on the braces are just for test fitting. I'll have something nicer by the end of the week hopefully:

August Engine Bay-5.jpg

Is this an app?
OBD Link

Out of curiosity, what were your baseline numbers?
I never got baseline numbers :(