MK4 inspired taillights

infinitizeD

First Name
Beyond
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15' WRX
Hey guys, my name is Kurt. My IG is @trbownd. I used to own a MKIV Supra TT hardtop a long time ago. I'm a Subaru owner now, but still have love for all things automotive. I've been a tinkerer/craftsman my whole life and due to the recent COVID lockdowns, I've adjusted my lifestyle/garage and started a company and am developing some lighting products for my current platform. I will be expanding to other platforms here shortly and had a chance to check out a MKV Supra today. I checked out the lens design & cover and I definitely could create something for this platform, and want to.

I'm still in process of the tail light design for the first platform I'm working on. I've already fully developed the rear fog light for it, tail light design is pretty much finalized and am working on the final prototypes now.

It's an infinity style type lighting design that I am creating across the board. You can check out a preview clip here of some of the effects of the lighting I am creating:

It's really hard to get an actual picture/video of what the light looks like in person.

I'm trying to snipe a set/single damaged tail light so that I can take it apart and R&D on it. Measure everything up, etc. I use CAD programming along with 3D printing & CO2 laser cutting to create the parts I use. Everything is custom hand made. I can implement carbon fiber into the designs as well. I can do the individual LED look or the smooth diffused acrylic look. Can also customize the diffusers into whatever design/words/shape you want. Could keep OEM shape with @IG tag cut out's into it, etc. Lots of stuff to tinker with.

If anyone has a lead on some damaged tail light or something cheaper than MSRP feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail me the info [email protected]. I've been hitting this one guy up on eBay, but his price for his damaged light is a little high... trying to haggle him down.

Anyways, just want to let you know that it might not be this or next month, but very soon I'll be getting my hands on some MKV tails to start the process. Thanks, take care.
Sponsored

Attachments

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, my name is Kurt. My IG is @trbownd. I used to own a MKIV Supra TT hardtop a long time ago. I'm a Subaru owner now, but still have love for all things automotive. I've been a tinkerer/craftsman my whole life and due to the recent COVID lockdowns, I've adjusted my lifestyle/garage and started a company and am developing some lighting products for my current platform. I will be expanding to other platforms here shortly and had a chance to check out a MKV Supra today. I checked out the lens design & cover and I definitely could create something for this platform, and want to.

I'm still in process of the tail light design for the first platform I'm working on. I've already fully developed the rear fog light for it, tail light design is pretty much finalized and am working on the final prototypes now.

It's an infinity style type lighting design that I am creating across the board. You can check out a preview clip here of some of the effects of the lighting I am creating:

It's really hard to get an actual picture/video of what the light looks like in person.

I'm trying to snipe a set/single damaged tail light so that I can take it apart and R&D on it. Measure everything up, etc. I use CAD programming along with 3D printing & CO2 laser cutting to create the parts I use. Everything is custom hand made. I can implement carbon fiber into the designs as well. I can do the individual LED look or the smooth diffused acrylic look. Can also customize the diffusers into whatever design/words/shape you want. Could keep OEM shape with @IG tag cut out's into it, etc. Lots of stuff to tinker with.

If anyone has a lead on some damaged tail light or something cheaper than MSRP feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail me the info [email protected]. I've been hitting this one guy up on eBay, but his price for his damaged light is a little high... trying to haggle him down.

Anyways, just want to let you know that it might not be this or next month, but very soon I'll be getting my hands on some MKV tails to start the process. Thanks, take care.
This is great! If you make some reminiscent of the MKIV with the infinity design, I would definitely consider scooping some up.

Tkoch86

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy

Guardbuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Hey Kurt,

By any chance is this project still in continuance? :)
Sponsored