US Taillights (ending WAA02) vs Foreign Market Taillights (ending WAA01)

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I just made some new test lead wires, but haven't experimented much yet. Been extremely busy. Was able to plug my taillight connector into the WAA01, and see it function without the car freaking out, but as we all know, there's an empty slot in the chassis connector where that special turn signal pin goes. I need to find the wiring diagrams, and part number of a repair terminal end in order to move forward with trying to splice it in. Just a matter of getting that info, which Toyota cannot provide me with at this time. Very, very frustrating.
Copy. Im more than happy to assist financially or in anyway to get this done. Gladly pay you for a set of lights that are plug and play. Red turn signals are utterly stupid and unsafe.
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I just made some new test lead wires, but haven't experimented much yet. Been extremely busy. Was able to plug my taillight connector into the WAA01, and see it function without the car freaking out, but as we all know, there's an empty slot in the chassis connector where that special turn signal pin goes. I need to find the wiring diagrams, and part number of a repair terminal end in order to move forward with trying to splice it in. Just a matter of getting that info, which Toyota cannot provide me with at this time. Very, very frustrating.
How's it now??

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Funny as i was just thinking about this as well

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Didn't work. The pin outs for the US taillights/ harness has 1 less wire than the "everywhere else market taillight/ harness" lol
Reviving this thread in hopes that I can help cuz I recently got my supra and want this mod too. I wouldn't be surprised if the US one reuses the running light wire for both the side marker and running light and we could just split that signal to fit the EU/JDM tail lights. I could walk anybody that might have a EU/JDM spec light through the process of checking what each pin is used for.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is i think the US harness pinout uses a double duty wire versus individual wires to each light on the other market tail lights.

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
So glad this got bumped. Super interested in this.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
One should still be able to separate that second function out of the lead that has the dual duty to make it work. I might look into sourcing a broken but still functional foreign market tail light to play around in the future. Worst case I might have to use an Arduino to control the signals a bit but even that would be fairly inexpensive. I want to start tracking the car so I'm making my wallet bleed for those mods at the moment.