MKV Future Classic?

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Im not sure if engine choices/options (ultimately) really matter when it comes to a car being a classic/collectible at the end of the day. Didn’t hurt the Americans if the Camaro had the same engine(s) as a Chevrolet Biscayne.

In time, I would say, it will become a classic/collectible. The only question is, how long will it take? I think it’ll take a bit longer than the a80 did though. Similar to how the first gen Camaro was a classic, but the 2nd gen took a bit longer (and arguably is still taking its time) towards becoming anything that is desirable for collectors, especially the later model years.
Sponsored

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Hmm. Not sure this car will be collectable in any real sense. Too much an oddball, but not in the good way. In 30 years it will be one of those cars at the end end of a tech period that threw a Hail Mary but didn’t quite check all the boxes. It will be a car that deprecates in value to a point and then one day 30 years in the future it might have a bump in pricing, but nothing like the 911, closer to the 944.

Reactions: zrk

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
No one can predict the car market. But one person here is correct in that, once they end production, low miles ones will increase in value. There is garbage out there no one thought would be worth a dime when old. Then I watch Mecum and cannot believe it.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I think it will depend on the overall production figures. With that said probably the GRMN and maybe the manual version (if it does happen) will be sought after. The rest I'm thinking will just be a dime a dozen.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Yeah, especially the 2020 version

Also you get the feeling seeing it in person

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. If I don't put it into the wall or blow a hole in the block, I'll drive this thing into the dirt too. Once less from me as well.
Yeah, what good is a performance car if it ain't performing?

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im not sure if engine choices/options (ultimately) really matter when it comes to a car being a classic/collectible at the end of the day. Didn’t hurt the Americans if the Camaro had the same engine(s) as a Chevrolet Biscayne.

In time, I would say, it will become a classic/collectible. The only question is, how long will it take? I think it’ll take a bit longer than the a80 did though. Similar to how the first gen Camaro was a classic, but the 2nd gen took a bit longer (and arguably is still taking its time) towards becoming anything that is desirable for collectors, especially the later model years.
The same thing is happening with the Foxbody Mustang

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
... Not to mention it (as well as the R34 Skyline, Z32, FD RX7, NSX, etc.) have become iconic representations of "the golden age of Japanese sports cars" - at least when viewed from an American perspective.

I have no idea how many MKV posters might be hung on some 13yr old's bedroom currently, so I can't guess what the future 30 years from now looks like. Although based on the number that nearly wreck their bicycles every time I drive down my street - it might be a significant number.

The only thing I can say conclusively is that mine will have no resale value at all. By the time it turns 5 I'll have ~85K miles on it at the present rate. I didn't buy it for resale but rather to drive it into the dirt... so that's one less unit competing for those collector dollars in 2050. ?
With the Z32, Nissan made so many. Probably why you can find them all day long online for relatively cheap when compared to the rest of the list.

OP
OP

tigernsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF / 2019 Acura NSX / 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
I rarely see any MKV in my area (Philly). I have seen 6 total in the last 3 years (and 2 of them were at dealer parking lots). In comparison, I see 911s almost every single day. It does seem rare to follow the normal car depreciation curve.

E.g. Honda actually produced and sold many S2000s. They are not exactly rare based on the production volume. But their prices are quite crazy at the moment. And they are just about 20 years old.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I rarely see any MKV in my area (Philly). I have seen 6 total in the last 3 years (and 2 of them were at dealer parking lots). In comparison, I see 911s almost every single day. It does seem rare to follow the normal car depreciation curve.

E.g. Honda actually produced and sold many S2000s. They are not exactly rare based on the production volume. But their prices are quite crazy at the moment. And they are just about 20 years old.
That's not a shocker. Porsche sales a lot of 911s.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/porsche-911-sales-figures/

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-supra-sales-figures/
Sponsored