MKV Supra vs BMW M2 Competition

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
From that video comparison of the BMW M2 Comp 6MT and the Supra MKV I just like BOTH cars so much.

The Supra has the superior chassis and seems to put down power more efficiently. And it’s power is known to be underrated. It’s lovely to see that car do what it does best.

The BMW may be twitchier at the limit and wilder over all and its manual transmission does cause a pause each time the driver shifts... but those are all appealing and charming qualities also.

In a track race the times they both put down are significant. In normal driving though it seems it would come down to personal preference.
Both are fantastic cars.

I like to think of both these cars as rifles....the BMW M2 being an AR-15 and the Toyota Supra being an AK-47. Both will do serious damage, yet the M2 is a bit more precise and the Supra a bit more reliable.
Sponsored

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE

Saw this the other day... I don't know what was going on with the way the guy who was driving the Supra! Was he even using launch control?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328

Saw this the other day... I don't know what was going on with the way the guy who was driving the Supra! Was he even using launch control?
Surprised me too, in several ways. I would have expected the M2C to have more slip getting off the line but I think the driver was being less aggressive since it stayed planted and also fell behind. Don't know what the Supra driver was doing but he was clearly fighting the limits of traction. Even so, the car got off the line much faster.

I think the telling thing is how the M2C went from a couple car lengths behind to finish a car length ahead, and that is all about the S55 motor, which is a lot stronger at higher speeds. This is a known difference even between the original M2 (N55) and M2C (S55) so it's not surprising to see that strength here as well. You really need a quarter mile or more to bring out that effect.

Allday420

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 wrx, 1992 Land cruiser diesel
Somewhere around 1500kg. They’re both almost the same weight

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The A90 puts the power down better....nice!

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I love these scenarios, people were saying that the Supra would get decimated by the M2C, now Tada san can say that BOTH of his cars are better than the M2

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
In Motortrend's Best Drivers Cars competition, the Launch Edition Supra is put up against the M2 Competition in a hot lap showdown.

Sponsored

Last edited: