Mounting dashcam / gopro with windshield tint

chester6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I want to avoid using suction cups or tape since my windshield is tinted, what are some alternatives to mounting dashcam and interior go pro? is taping on the dashboard my best bet?
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I want to avoid using suction cups or tape since my windshield is tinted, what are some alternatives to mounting dashcam and interior go pro? is taping on the dashboard my best bet?
From what I've seen, yes. I love Ram mounts and saw they have dashboard options if you can't use your windshield.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
My windshield is tinted. And I mounted it to my windshield w the provided double sided tape. No issues. I used to work for a car audio/video/tint/ppf shop. We did it all the time w no issues. Tint isn’t that sensitive.

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
just wondering what dashcam did you went with ??

wombo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I mount mine directly to the windshield which is tinted and it’s been that way for 5 months with no issues. The suction has even failed during some of the hotter days in TX and fallen off, but I just stick it back on no issue.

OP
OP

chester6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
just wondering what dashcam did you went with ??
I didn't buy one yet, but I think I'm leaning towards a blackvue DR900S-2CH mounted via blendmount from @MyCorolla comment above.

I also wanted to mount a gopro / insta360 sometimes, but that's more of a temporary thing, judging from the other comments, I will most likely buy a suction cup mount and just temporarily mount on top of tint when needed

I was just a little worried since xpel prime XR plus tint was pretty expensive, so just didn't want to risk messing it up