Tint or No Tint

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Tint almost always makes a car look better...
1 exception was my 86 Porsche 911...DID NOT LOOK GOOD WITH TINT!!
20201202_152016.jpg

I think my supra looks killer...5%
Sponsored

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
did anyone's come tinted from the dealership? mine isn't very dark, but it's definitely tinted. I sort of want to go darker being in florida and all.
My A91 edition was tinted and had a "clear bra" applied by the dealer. Just to clarify, it was that way when I went to the test drive, I didn't ask for it. They had a dealer markup for "appearance and protection package" of $2,000 on top. I didn't pay it.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I decided against tinting mine. I have a hard enough time already seeing at night in this damn thing lol.
Get clear carbon technology tint like I am(expel, 3M, etc). Keep in mine many people get tint for the color but tint is actually to protect your skin against cancer and the harsh sun.

Denial

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I have 2% tint all around (sides and back) and 35% on the windshield. Ceramic tint makes the car so much nicer to drive. I have sensitive eyes so it helps a lot, and being in AZ it is perfect.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Windshield: 3M Crystalline 60 (once installed meters to around 55%)

On cloudy days, there is Blue\Purple reflectiveness from the outside (looking from the inside out looks like there's no tint at all). On sunny days, it just looks like the UV special windshield that some Mercedes, Jaguars, and Land Rovers use from the factory (in other words it doesn't have that "smoke" shade color to it). For the Crystalline series anything above 60 is perfectly fine for night time driving as the film is essentially clear (with just added reflectiveness) but with amazing heat rejection. Though if you're worried about inspection or getting pulled over then may I recommend Llumar Air 80.

Rest of windows: Formula 1 Pinnacle Series [Ceramic] 25 (once installed meters to around 24%)

Our cars have small windows and black interior, so any film you put on will look darker on our cars compared to others. That said, this percentage is perfectly fine for nighttime driving and during sunny days is not blacked out. You can still see my shadow, though you may not be able to make out the details of my face.

For the Windows, the reason why I didn't go with 3M CeramicIR 25 is because there is a low haze\blue hue to it when looking from the inside out (great film and went well with my Blue BMW M2, but didn't want that hue color for a grey car). In addition, the reason why I didn't go for 3M Crystalline 20 is because, while I don't mind that "blue\purple" reflection on the windshield, the 20% version has that same reflection from the outside but is much more pronounced which i didn't like (like a purple/blue mirror)

Formula 1 Pinnacle series is the only ceramic film, that I know of anyway, that has little to no hue color to it (the lighter 40%+ you may see a tiny bit of dark green)

Anyway some pictures:

51220776058_c8a4fa22ca_c.jpg

51221324339_2f95843f9f_c.jpg

51221635410_f713606f22_c.jpg

51220772463_935c79b5db_c.jpg

51221336304_6939eb2b5f_c.jpg

Last edited:

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
did anyone's come tinted from the dealership? mine isn't very dark, but it's definitely tinted. I sort of want to go darker being in florida and all.
mine was supposed to but they forgot but gave me a $499 credit so i got them darker than what they would use

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
No tint for me, not needed in Seattle. Plus I want to bring in more sunlight. If I had the money I would targa this beast.

If you live in states with 100ā€™+ temps, then yes its a must. I lived in West Texas for 10 years and every car I owned there had dark tint.

-RJM

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I like tint to block out some of the sun light and to allow the shine to continue down the profile of the car. This completes the look.

However, I personally donā€™t like dark dark tint (imo it degrades the car).

I opt for 35% on the rear and 50% on the sides and front windshield. Keeps it classy looking. Personal preference once again.

But we all like something different:
no tint, lighter tint or dark tint.

The one thing I noticed... some installers remove the 3rd brake light and place the film beneath and some cut around it. Mine is placed beneath... the way it should be done.

1261BBA0-D222-4A50-BB2C-BF5E9E967C8D.jpeg

9EB94BA1-A732-4A9B-B3E8-4BB6A5B81D0C.jpeg

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I'd go tint. Tint is the first "mod" I do to all my cars, asap haha. I feel like tint is the cheapest thing to do, that really changes the look and balance/flow of trims of the car, and removes the fish bowl look. :p

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I'd go tint. Tint is the first "mod" I do to all my cars, asap haha. I feel like tint is the cheapest thing to do, that really changes the look and balance/flow of trims of the car, and removes the fish bowl look. :p
I have to agree. Having tint can make the car's body look "whole" in a way. This works even better with cars that have black pillars.

hallucin89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium
I live in the Seattle area and will be going 35% all around except for the windshield, mainly just for a bit of privacy. Don't want to go too dark as the cabin is small and the interior is black.

Deleted member 6088

Have an appointment to have my absolute white to be tinted all around except the windshield, however now getting second thoughts. Can i have some thoughts on how the supra looks with tint or without?
did 20 front and back! LUV it!!!

fend3r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Am I the ony one that worries about the installer taking the door panel off? I am really nervous for them to mess something up lol..

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
Am I the ony one that worries about the installer taking the door panel off? I am really nervous for them to mess something up lol..
No, Iā€™ve been nervous about that as well. Thus I still havenā€™t gotten my windows tinted. Ultimately mistakes happen and what separates good companies from bad is not only the quality of work, but customer service when sh!t hits the fan.
Sponsored