My Pewter Supra Build Log

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
3m calls it Matte Silver Aluminum.. But I think it contains a bit of other color.. people asked me what color is it and my best answer was... "Gray..."

how would you name this color?

20200719_103529.jpg
Thats a matte black on the side door garnish right? are you having issues of it peeling up from the inside vent? like near the bottom? because i know its a real edgy curve, was wondering how it was done.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Thats a matte black on the side door garnish right? are you having issues of it peeling up from the inside vent? like near the bottom? because i know its a real edgy curve, was wondering how it was done.
that's carbon wrap from 3m. I haven't noticed any issues yet but if I do see it, will let you know.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hows the side door garnish wrap holding up? I think mine is starting to lift up from the inside crevice/vent portion since its such a hard curve.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Hows the side door garnish wrap holding up? I think mine is starting to lift up from the inside crevice/vent portion since its such a hard curve.
mine is holding up pretty well. we went in pretty deep as well as taking the faux vent off to wrap it. also, I only have 2,000 miles with wrap on so not a lot of driving. ;)

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mine is holding up pretty well. we went in pretty deep as well as taking the faux vent off to wrap it. also, I only have 2,000 miles with wrap on so not a lot of driving. ;)
I just recently hit 1K on mine, but its also mostly out on the sun underneath a cover so heat wouldve probably played a role too. I guess ill just have to redo mine :doh:
I did take out the vents and wrapped under them but its that bottom side of the vent that gets me. Did you end up removing the whole door garnish or just the vent?

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I just recently hit 1K on mine, but its also mostly out on the sun underneath a cover so heat wouldve probably played a role too. I guess ill just have to redo mine :doh:
I did take out the vents and wrapped under them but its that bottom side of the vent that gets me. Did you end up removing the whole door garnish or just the vent?
We removed entire garnish as just 2 screws and tons of retainers - fairly easy to remove. That way, easier to to door as well.