NASA June Joust 2022

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
So I got done having a great time with NASA and the other Supras and 86s this weekend, had a great time and met some great people.
NASA put on a great event and kept to the schedule very well. Only major incidents were a 86 blowing up his motor at less then 5k miles, a Mini Coopers axle went out, and a Mustang burnt a clutch. Some racecar issues in their runs but everyone went home in once piece. Was cool getting to see some proper racing in between classrooms and driving.

I got bumped from the HPDE1 to 2 group after the first session because I have prior experience and was a little too fast paced for the first timers. But the HPDE 2 group was running at a great pace for me. And point bys were much better. The instructor I was assigned did a great job helping me explore the cars limits coming from a Miata.

Changes from stock were the ARK exhaust, which for anyone considering it, know that the tips will get to a nice straw yellow, with hints of blue, color after extended lapping. And some Endless brake fluid. Only issues were some hefty fade at the end of the day on Saturday on the fourth session near the end. One cooldown lap and a slightly revised braking point solved that fine. All of Sunday went great until thunder and lightning called off the last session of the day.

Here is a picture of the lineup on Saturday, sadly a much smaller showing on Sunday.
image0.jpg

Some other cool cars in the paddock.
image0.jpg

Polestar was only on their first track day ever and it showed.
image0.jpg

And finally some in car video, where you can catch a bit of me and the instructor talking. Few good passes too. Unfortunately the Gopro recording cut off my best lap of the day at the end which was a 1:29.35. Also some of the telemetry was off from the Bluetooth OBD, and my G meter seems to have gotten reversed.

Sponsored