Navigation not loading after software recall

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
It seems this is a common issue. I wonder what % of Supra's have had this issue?
They told me before they did the update, there’s a chance that the navigation will stop working
Sponsored

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Just a thought, could the unplug the head unit before they start the software upload? My recall got postponed from yesterday to next Thursday so I have a functioning nav for another week ?

• Haha
Reactions: SVR

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Just a thought, could the unplug the head unit before they start the software upload? My recall got postponed from yesterday to next Thursday so I have a functioning nav for another week ?
Highly doubtful. The update software checks the system and won’t proceed if anything is not according to specs. When I had mine done, the tech called because the software had complained about some unexpected battery drain, after which he disconnected my dash camera but the software still complained and he wanted to know what else I might have installed. I told him to disconnect the parking-mode battery for the dash camera. That took care of the problem. No issues with my car after the update, other than exhaust in sport mode crackling and popping less than before. Mine is a 2020 Premium with only cosmetic mods.

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 4runner, Prius
I tried to re activate carplay again , and it fixed the navigation and i have full screen carplay also
3BCB74B5-5526-4641-9733-59A274F4EA4D.jpeg
What did you do to re-activate carplay?

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
My car, or rather the NAV survived the software update? the tech said that it's a really difficult update and most likely the guy who fried the NAV in other cars wasn't paying attention or didn't know what he was doing.
Anyway I'm happy, now I just need to code all the options back in and I'm good to go ?

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 4runner, Prius
My car, or rather the NAV survived the software update? the tech said that it's a really difficult update and most likely the guy who fried the NAV in other cars wasn't paying attention or didn't know what he was doing.
Anyway I'm happy, now I just need to code all the options back in and I'm good to go ?
Glad you had no issue. Not surprised to hear this as this seems to be a common problem and the techs just don't seem to know a lot about working on the Supra. I had to switch dealership because the first dealership had me leave my car twice with no solution. I therefore went to another dealership which they knew I needed another unit.

Last edited:

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Damn wish I had saw this earlier when I made my stupid thread. I'm the idiot for not using the search function.

I'll update on here as I got an appointment in a week. Thinking this is probably me too. Just remembered Split Screen hasn't been a thing since before my update.

Calling Toyota didn't helped cause Customer Service will tell you the vehicles are not equipped with navigation. They said my dealer installed something third party.... haha...

Post more in a week!

SupraFlea

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2018 4Runner TRD PRO 2007 FJ Cruiser
Did everyone have to redo their Sirius XM subscription after the swap? Mine is not working. I believe The subscription is linked to the old radio ID. When I pull up my VIN on their site, it shows the old radio ID.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wanted to post an update for those who have the same issue or future people with it.

Dealership fixed the issue, solution ended up them rebooting the headunit.

Got full navigation again. :)

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Wanted to post an update for those who have the same issue or future people with it.

Where at in Cali are you located? What dealership solved this for you?

Skebs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Gray Supra

Could you elaborate more on what they did for rebooting the headunit? I got my recall back in Nov. and they said that the whole head unit needed to be replaced because the previous tech fried mine. Been waiting to have my car fixed for months so I can't just configure all my settings again ?

Last edited:

GR_supra559

First Name
Sarith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Man this post dont want me to take mine in next week lol
Sponsored