OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 Mazda 3. 23ā€™ Supra 3.0 P MT. ā€œItā€™s in the mailā€
For CAI - I don't have one, but there's A LOT of threads and useful info on this forum.

General consensus seems to be:

MORE SOUND:
MST
ARMASPEED

LOOKS/QUALITY/FIT (+money)
EVOLVE CF
HKS
I will look into the Suntek. Thank you. I do like the HKS Intake.
Sponsored

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If I got a non-2020 Supra today, I would probably change the catback, get spacers for the factory wheels (only if they look retarded without), and a JB4.

The rest like decoration pieces, it's really up to you.

I don't think CAI is worth the trouble unless you want something special like an Eventuri just for the pretty looks.
Why donā€™t you think the CAI is worth the trouble? I heard some people say it adds nothing to the car and some say it adds power. I guess that depends on what Intake you get? Would like to know your thoughts. I also heard that a piggyback like the JB4 is not good for the ECU. It ā€˜ā€™confuses itā€™ā€™ is that true?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Hey Jason as many have said pretty easy list of mods to get going, A lot of which I have done to my personal 23

For the downpipe definitely the Active Autowerke Catted.
For intake, I run. HKS, it looks amazing but very very loud, for a little less loud but still nice tubro sounds I would do mst, and if you want on the quieter side I would do Dinan, I have tried them all and all are nice quality pieces.
For tune, you can do something like a JB4 with a custom tune, or a piggyback of some sorts for a pretty good power increase without unlocking the ecu, but the ecu unlock is not too hard and not much more expensive nowadays, and it is definitely better.
For suspension, I have the HKS adjustable springs, it is a good in between springs and coils ( I still have the adaptive factory dampeners, but a nice set of coilovers properly set up will be a lot better, that + sway bars make it a hell of a handler. ( need good alignment after)

I have tried a lot of these and offer most of these options on my site, feel free to shoot me a text (561) 236-6280 or a DM on here if you have any questions, can send over some videos and photos,
either way congrats on the new car, this is an awesome platform!

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Why donā€™t you think the CAI is worth the trouble? I heard some people say it adds nothing to the car and some say it adds power. I guess that depends on what Intake you get? Would like to know your thoughts. I also heard that a piggyback like the JB4 is not good for the ECU. It ā€˜ā€™confuses itā€™ā€™ is that true?
Hi again,

The closed box EVenturi CAI claims to add I believe something around 8-10 hp, there's a video on YT where they dyno before & after.

The ones that sound louder will likely not add performance, arguably they may slightly decrease performance if it's an open box setup, particularly if you live in a predominantly hot climate, as they would draw in hotter air from the engine bay, so making it less of a "cold air intake" than a closed box would be.
There's fancy heat shields you can get which help a bit for that.

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey Jason as many have said pretty easy list of mods to get going, A lot of which I have done to my personal 23

For the downpipe definitely the Active Autowerke Catted.
For intake, I run. HKS, it looks amazing but very very loud, for a little less loud but still nice tubro sounds I would do mst, and if you want on the quieter side I would do Dinan, I have tried them all and all are nice quality pieces.
For tune, you can do something like a JB4 with a custom tune, or a piggyback of some sorts for a pretty good power increase without unlocking the ecu, but the ecu unlock is not too hard and not much more expensive nowadays, and it is definitely better.
For suspension, I have the HKS adjustable springs, it is a good in between springs and coils ( I still have the adaptive factory dampeners, but a nice set of coilovers properly set up will be a lot better, that + sway bars make it a hell of a handler. ( need good alignment after)

I have tried a lot of these and offer most of these options on my site, feel free to shoot me a text (561) 236-6280 or a DM on here if you have any questions, can send over some videos and photos,
either way congrats on the new car, this is an awesome platform!
Thank you. Yeah I heard about the AA downpipe. People swear by it. I like the HKS also. I also heard about the adjustable HKS springs. Thinking of going that route. I was told Coilovers would be better on a track. I will not be tracking my car. I will hit you up soon After the car gets here. It got off the ship yesterday. Where are you located? I am in Arizona.

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi again,

The closed box EVenturi CAI claims to add I believe something around 8-10 hp, there's a video on YT where they dyno before & after.

The ones that sound louder will likely not add performance, arguably they may slightly decrease performance if it's an open box setup, particularly if you live in a predominantly hot climate, as they would draw in hotter air from the engine bay, so making it less of a "cold air intake" than a closed box would be.
There's fancy heat shields you can get which help a bit for that.
Ok thank you. Yes I am in Arizona so closed box would be the way to go yes?

Jhand01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv
Hello everybody, I am new here. I should be getting my Supra this month sometime. It hit U.S port on 9/6. I will be getting a couple mods but nothing major. Looking for advice on things to buy. My list is this: Catted Down pipe, CAI, (donā€™t want the annoying stuttering sound) Spacers, Springs or Coilovers, (donā€™t know whatā€™s better). And maybe get the ECU unlocked. I am looking to add a bit more power but not looking for 600+ WHP. Your guys advice on the best product from each category would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing mechanically so I will be going through a local performance shop. Thank you for any feedback.
Parts youll want on your list.

Intake (I'd Recommend Armaspeed, great Noises lol!)
AA Catted Downpipe
Port Injection (port injection plate, or manifold)
Hybrid Turbo will get you there as well.
Ecu Unlock
I would recommend going through BM3 as of now, they have the most features.

However, I would recommend talking to a tuner to see what products that they recommend.

depending on the money you want to spend and what your tuner is comfortable tuning, go with what fits best!

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Parts youll want on your list.

Intake (I'd Recommend Armaspeed, great Noises lol!)
AA Catted Downpipe
Port Injection (port injection plate, or manifold)
Hybrid Turbo will get you there as well.
Ecu Unlock
I would recommend going through BM3 as of now, they have the most features.

However, I would recommend talking to a tuner to see what products that they recommend.

depending on the money you want to spend and what your tuner is comfortable tuning, go with what fits best!
gees. Lol Iā€™m not looking to get my car impounded and go to jail! šŸ˜‚ I dont think I will need that kind of power. The car will be a weekend car maybe a day during the week. Will not be tracking it. Just trying to get a better sound with a bit more power without touching the exhaust as I have heard itā€™s a pretty good one. Budget is 10k right now. 7 of that will probably be the PPF and Tint.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Ok thank you. Yes I am in Arizona so closed box would be the way to go yes?
Unfortunately I can't answer that - plenty of arrogant know-it-alls on the forum will try to, but beware of them; I will only say to you the right thing, namely, it will be your precious car so it's entirely your decision - there may be arguments in favor of a closed box CAI for predominantly hotter climates, but I would only listen to a trained mechanic/technician to give you an objective view of whether the increase in IAT for the B58 is going to be a negligible or significant risk, and in turn, what measures could be taken to alleviate those risks if the sound is a must-have for you (open box) then you can make a more educated decision šŸ‘šŸ»

Jhand01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv
gees. Lol Iā€™m not looking to get my car impounded and go to jail! šŸ˜‚ I dont think I will need that kind of power. The car will be a weekend car maybe a day during the week. Will not be tracking it. Just trying to get a better sound with a bit more power without touching the exhaust as I have heard itā€™s a pretty good one. Budget is 10k right now. 7 of that will probably be the PPF and Tint.
HAHA, I'd say just intake downpipe tune you should be good for a quick car!

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you guys for your input I appreciate it. I will post pictures when I take delivery of the car šŸ‘

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Made a whole thread explaining a bunch of thing it might help.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gr-supra-101-routes-to-big-power.17670/

However, for your list. If ur looking to getting it tuned go catless downpipe. Yes you can be catless and not tune it, but CEL will come up. Coil overs / Springs / Spacers are all fine. Intake go for either MST V2 intaked or Aramaspeed they are the loudest. Maybe get a JB4 if you don't want to go through the hassled of an ECU unlock. If you're looking to push 500whp go
Catless DP
Catback (Optional, but will free up some hp and will give you better results)
Intake (Optional, but will free up some hp and will give you better results)
Charge pipe
Meth kit
There are multiple ways to hit 500whp another example is just a catless DP and E50 will get you 500whp.
If you're not looking to get it tuned I would recommend Catted DP, Exhaust for better sounding car, intake for better intake noise. No need to tune no need to worry about anything. For the catted DP go for Active Autowerke, Exhaust is up to you different exhaust's give off different sounds, intake I already mentioned MST V2 or Aramaspeed.

OP
OP

-Golf-Addict-

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
HAHA, I'd say just intake downpipe tune you should be good for a quick car!
Made a whole thread explaining a bunch of thing it might help.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gr-supra-101-routes-to-big-power.17670/

However, for your list. If ur looking to getting it tuned go catless downpipe. Yes you can be catless and not tune it, but CEL will come up. Coil overs / Springs / Spacers are all fine. Intake go for either MST V2 intaked or Aramaspeed they are the loudest. Maybe get a JB4 if you don't want to go through the hassled of an ECU unlock. If you're looking to push 500whp go
Catless DP
Catback (Optional, but will free up some hp and will give you better results)
Intake (Optional, but will free up some hp and will give you better results)
Charge pipe
Meth kit
There are multiple ways to hit 500whp another example is just a catless DP and E50 will get you 500whp.
If you're not looking to get it tuned I would recommend Catted DP, Exhaust for better sounding car, intake for better intake noise. No need to tune no need to worry about anything. For the catted DP go for Active Autowerke, Exhaust is up to you different exhaust's give off different sounds, intake I already mentioned MST V2 or Aramaspeed.
thank you. I will read the thread soon. What is E 50. Is this like race gas stuff. Sorry donā€™t know anything about this.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Thank you. Yeah I heard about the AA downpipe. People swear by it. I like the HKS also. I also heard about the adjustable HKS springs. Thinking of going that route. I was told Coilovers would be better on a track. I will not be tracking my car. I will hit you up soon After the car gets here. It got off the ship yesterday. Where are you located? I am in Arizona.
Florida, but ship all over US! but ya man shoot me a message whenever!

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition