New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Chomps89

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Hello all! New member here. Looking forward to meeting some new people that enjoy the same interest that I have. Recently pulled the trigger and got me a 2020 LE Supra in Absolute White. I’ve really enjoyed the car. Don’t plan on doing too many changes to it. Ceramic tint will be going on it this week. With this Texas heat it needs it.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey y’all! Hello to all SoCal folks (even more so those in Santa Clarita). I’m a GT350 owner that participates in multiple hpde events a year (mostly at willow springs). Not a hardcore track junkie or anything (I mostly keep my cars stock except for suspension tweaks).
I’m currently thinking of switching over to a supra, but am so scared I might regret the decision. I’ve been through a lot of cars through out the years (3rd Gen rx7, mk6 gti, civic si’s, NA1 nsx, 97 viper coupe, s2000, c7, nd 2 Miata) and the 2 cars that I’ve regretted selling were the rx-7 and surprisingly the mk6 gti. Anyone come from a gt350? Can’t wait to talk to y’all!

I owned a GT350R for about two months. Sold it, bought a Supra and I'm having a ton more fun.

FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
I owned a GT350R for about two months. Sold it, bought a Supra and I'm having a ton more fun.

FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg
Nice!!! What are your reasons? Is it the torque? My biggest issue I have with the gt350 is the size. Not so much the weight, but volume of the car. It just takes up a lot space. Lol

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Nice!!! What are your reasons? Is it the torque? My biggest issue I have with the gt350 is the size. Not so much the weight, but volume of the car. It just takes up a lot space. Lol
Disclaimer: my other car is an Evo, so I got used to cars that were small, nimble and really, really fast. So, I parked the Mitsubishi because I wanted to go another route for a while. After driving the mustang, I realized that it was fun, but it was really big and awkward to drive. I had seen videos where a professional driver was four seconds faster than my personal best in the evo. To be fair, after only about 16 laps I did get within 2 seconds of the Mitsubishi's times. But, I didn't feel connected so ended up selling the car 2 months later.
I kept tracking the Mitsubishi while kinda sort of looking for another replacement. Research brought me to a Supra. I test drove it and was sold. Yes, the torque is nuts LOL.
I don't have an apples to apples comparison as I have only tracked the Supra as it came from the showroom. It is as fun an my Evo and 100x more fun than the mustang.

GBMF7339.JPG

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
Disclaimer: my other car is an Evo, so I got used to cars that were small, nimble and really, really fast. So, I parked the Mitsubishi because I wanted to go another route for a while. After driving the mustang, I realized that it was fun, but it was really big and awkward to drive. I had seen videos where a professional driver was four seconds faster than my personal best in the evo. To be fair, after only about 16 laps I did get within 2 seconds of the Mitsubishi's times. But, I didn't feel connected so ended up selling the car 2 months later.
I kept tracking the Mitsubishi while kinda sort of looking for another replacement. Research brought me to a Supra. I test drove it and was sold. Yes, the torque is nuts LOL.
I don't have an apples to apples comparison as I have only tracked the Supra as it came from the showroom. It is as fun an my Evo and 100x more fun than the mustang.

GBMF7339.JPG
Ha! I totally hear you, man. I love the gt350, but yeah…the size…not a fan of the size at all!

IsItASupra?

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi, my name is Huy. I’m located around the Duluth Area GA. I’m pretty new to the car scene but I’ve been passionate about cars since I was a kid. My first car was a 2013 Lexus GS 350, and like every kid with a little knack for loud things I chopped the mufflers off the car and put it on 20s haha. My current car is a 2021 Nocturnal Black 3.0 Supra Prem. I’m really looking forward to modifying her into something really nice. I hope to meet some locals to show me the ways of the car guy as I’m the sole enthusiast in my family :)
C8C04CA5-FDDE-4362-BA5B-664B95691F66.jpeg
6A0EDC14-FD8F-41E9-A703-7E3317811774.jpeg

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Car(s)
All Things Toyota
Hey, guys. I'm in Fresno, CA. Purchased my 2021 on July 30th, had it to the track on July 31st lol. This car is meant to replace my current track rat, hopefully I can bring myself to get rid of the other car.😔
It took me a little over a year to find a base model in yellow. Was kind of on the fence when it came to buying.... until the dealer knocked $4,300 off the price. SOLD!

Porsche3.jpg
Welcome!

Thank you for joining in and introducing yourself, we are loving all these track photos and appreciate you sharing with the group!

Looking forward to seeing more posts and hope you enjoy the site and stick around.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Howdy Folks! Relatively new member of the forum, been a lurker for a while lol

Through all the posts and testimonies (alongside my own research of course), y’all convinced me into buying a “22 nocturnal black 3.0 premium back in May! The Supra is currently my daily driver in the Northern Virginia Area and bone stock (for now), but hoping to modify it slowly but surely

Looking forward to being a part of the commmunity, learning, growing, and most importantly, having fun (safely of course)!!

Would love to meet up with some DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia, not Department of motor vehicles lol) folks at Katie’s Cars and Coffee or some other meet / event given the opportunity :)

CeeJay

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None at the moment
Hi all, 2020 supra owner (Fuji White) here from Sydney, Australia. Picked up the car second hand and wanted an unlockable ECU. absolutley loving the car.

What I've done so far:
1. H&R lowering springs
2. Spacers - 15mm Front, 18mm rear
3. Alcantera/carbon steering wheel
4. Mishimoto Charge pipe
5. Armaspeed carbon intake
6. Rexspeed A91 Carbon Rear lip spoiler
7. on order - VRSF Catless DP
8. on order - RK TI single exit track edition exhaust - yes, wanted something a "lil Rowdy" haha.
9. Ecutek custom tune after 7&8.

Supras are a rare breed down here and quite the unicorn, quite a rare site. Had the car for about almost 2.5 months now and only seen about 3 on the roads. Trying to get 2nd hand aftermarket parts is a real PIA.

f98a4e56-b5d0-424c-88ba-3ef2b9c2f8e3.JPG

Wrxgone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 Honda Accord , 2023 Toyota GR Supra
Hello hello, new to the forum currently trying to buy a 2023 MKV MT , recently sold my weekend fun car (Evo 9 MR) and looking forward to getting into a Supra .. 👍🏽

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hello hello, new to the forum currently trying to buy a 2023 MKV MT , recently sold my weekend fun car (Evo 9 MR) and looking forward to getting into a Supra .. 👍🏽
Good luck! I meant to sell my EVO to buy a new track car. Couldn't bring myself to do it so I have both LOL

Wrxgone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 Honda Accord , 2023 Toyota GR Supra
Good luck! I meant to sell my EVO to buy a new track car. Couldn't bring myself to do it so I have both LOL
It was hard , dragged my feet on selling the Evo for about a year. But with the Evo prices climbing how they did . Had to let it go .

QOTM31

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Genesis Coupe, Supra shopping
Hi all, new here. My Genesis Coupe is 9 years old and I’m ready for an upgrade, so shopping for a Supra. Lived in LA a long time before moving to Seattle - did some autocross and drove the mountain roads a lot. Moved as the pandemic started so haven’t gotten around WA much - will need to find the good roads for my new ride.

Seoul_Mates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Brz (Sold) 2018 Sti (Sold)
Hello. I sold off my Subarus and taking a look at the Supra and the Z. Look forward to reading up on here.