New Member Thinking about Trading into a MKV

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
It could very well be that I'm wrong - it has been known to happen. ? Is it really that noticeable from just a CAI? Maybe it just doesn't come through in the videos or my expectations are too high. When I think "loud turbo noises" I think modified WRX STi with a screaming turbo and BOV that sounds like a round from a rifle whizzing by my head. I'm just not getting that from the videos I've watched with people that have CAIs installed.
It's loud bro. Very noticeable and the videos do not do it justice. It's not as obnoxious as Evos with tial BOVs, but it's significantly louder than stock and should be enough to satisfy anyone looking for that sounds. Several on here with the Armaspeed and MST V2 have said the same.

Also once you take off the stock turbo inlet and see how much baffling is in there it makes sense why a simple intake makes such a big difference.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's loud bro. Very noticeable and the videos do not do it justice. It's not as obnoxious as Evos with tial BOVs, but it's significantly louder than stock and should be enough to satisfy anyone looking for that sounds. Several on here with the Armaspeed and MST V2 have said the same.

Also once you take off the stock turbo inlet and see how much baffling is in there it makes sense why a simple intake makes such a big difference.
So that's the deal - a CAI that replaces the stock turbo inlet along with it (e.g., MST v2). Not all of them replace that component, which would make sense why I'm not hearing this stuff regularly with cars in person or in videos. Thanks!

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Agreed about BBB. That’s like JD Power awards which is just paying that private company for an award based on “research”. No issues with the car tho, I’ve had my 2020 for about 2 years and it’s been bulletproof

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Also, regarding the noises. I have the MST intake and it's loud as fuck. Kind of annoying actually. It got much louder (re: worse) when I added the v2 inlet pipe a few weeks later.

If you're looking for that Fast and Furious sound, you can 100% add it for a couple hundred bucks.
Sponsored