New oem Supra 3.0 19” black wheels… cheap

IdontTrack

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Would I need to buy new TPMS or can I use the ones in my original wheels?
Would I need alignment or just balancing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Would I need to buy new TPMS or can I use the ones in my original wheels?
Would I need alignment or just balancing?
~ The current tpms can be swap to the new wheels. A balance would be required and I’d suggest an alignment.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
damn im gonna order for the hell of it. need some extra rears

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
seems like if you havent ordered them yet, too late since it seems prices have gone back/or just gone up to where normal prices would be :/

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
seems like if you havent ordered them yet, too late since it seems prices have gone back/or just gone up to where normal prices would be :/
Umm, ya. Only two months ago :doh:

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Umm, ya. Only two months ago :doh:
seeing how people were still posting in thread last week, I checked prices just for hell of it, and they were still at the $1XX range. So pricing then changed very recently.
Already have my set, so I'm good.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
seeing how people were still posting in thread last week, I checked prices just for hell of it, and they were still at the $1XX range. So pricing then changed very recently.
Already have my set, so I'm good.
People are only posting because they're finally receiving the ones they ordered 9-10 weeks ago. Where did you "check," because internal dealer cost reverted to normal around February 10th and hasn't budged since.

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
People are only posting because they're finally receiving the ones they ordered 9-10 weeks ago. Where did you "check," because internal dealer cost reverted to normal around February 10th and hasn't budged since.
DARCARS Toyota of Fredrick MD's parts website, though that doesnt mean much since all the online Toyota parts sites would reflect similar pricing +/- few dollars.

But if you don't believe me, you dont have to. Just stating what I've seen .

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DARCARS Toyota of Fredrick MD's parts website, though that doesnt mean much since all the online Toyota parts sites would reflect similar pricing +/- few dollars.

But if you don't believe me, you dont have to. Just stating what I've seen .
I've worked in Toyota's parts chain for almost 11 years, and I do believe you in that regard. All of those dealer parts websites just pull their part numbers and prices from a large database, then apply whatever the dealer decided in terms of an 'MSRP minus, or cost plus' pricing structure.

The problem is that the listings tend to imply that those parts are actually in stock and/or available at the displayed price, when in reality the part might be on national backorder, long discontinued, and/or the price is pulling from an outdated source. Basically, I'm just saying to always take those listings with a grain of salt, and call the dealer's parts department with your VIN handy to confirm everything is good before you order, or use the listing as a basis for pricing and availability.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I emailed my wonderful dealer in Naples FL and the dude I’ve used for all my other parts is gone 😱 Hope he didn’t get fired for selling Supra wheels too cheap! At least before I even got mine 😭 . I’ll have to give them an old fashioned phone call when I get a day off…
Sponsored