New video of the armaspeed carbon fiber intake

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Made a new video with the Cf Armaspeed intake. I absolutely love this thing! Sounds amazing in person and looks gorgeous in the engine bay. Hopefully you agree?
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Made a new video with the Cf Armaspeed intake. I absolutely love this thing! Sounds amazing in person and looks gorgeous in the engine bay. Hopefully you agree?
None of these videos do the thing justice. It sounds insane in person. I did the aluminum version for exactly what you pointed out which is that the side facing the turbo still isn't carbon in the "full carbon version."

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was really disappointed in the aluminum enclosure. Kind of misleading. You are correct with the sounds from this as well. It's so damn good!!

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
How would I go about measuring/checking?
I have a BM3 tune and I use that to datalog and check things out. If I do decide to go the full intake route, I'm torn between this and the AMS intake. I prefer enclosed boxes although I know the Armaspeed is a bit more open on the bottom half.

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a BM3 tune and I use that to datalog and check things out. If I do decide to go the full intake route, I'm torn between this and the AMS intake. I prefer enclosed boxes although I know the Armaspeed is a bit more open on the bottom half.
Sadly I can only run the protune or jb4. And I have the protune. The side piece goes all way down to the bottom and has a small piece that warps around the grommet area in the front most part of the car. Next time I take it out, I'll do a hand test and feel around.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I think if you Gold wrap the aluminum piece facing the engine bay to reflect heat, and use a Turbo heatshield or turbo blanket you will likely get at least a little bit of IAT drop.

But let's be honest it's going to be miniscule in either direction and at the end of the day it's the intake sound that's the real benefit.

Side note I've found the best approach to getting solid IAT drops out of the Armaspeed is to just drive in colder weather. ????

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think if you Gold wrap the aluminum piece facing the engine bay to reflect heat, and use a Turbo heatshield or turbo blanket you will likely get at least a little bit of IAT drop.

But let's be honest it's going to be miniscule in either direction and at the end of the day it's the intake sound that's the real benefit.

Side note I've found the best approach to getting solid IAT drops out of the Armaspeed is to just drive in colder weather. ????
I agree, definitely bought for the sound. One of the next additions in the pipeline is the verus heat shield though. Cool it just a tad, but I love how it looks.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core

I've got an MST intake on, but with that heat shield + Verus heat shield + gold tape, I've noticed the IAT that the JB4 app was reading to drop from 150-160 down to 90-110. I think ambient temperatures were high 70s - low 80s when I remember seeing the pre-heat shield IATs and high 60s - mid 70s with the intake + heat shield on.