News, Updates, and Discussions on next-gen A100 Supra

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
A bulk of those sales come from Europe. I only bring that up because with stricter EU emission laws coming in place soon I doubt developing a new low selling niche product like another Z4 will be BMW's top priority

https://carsalesbase.com/europe-bmw-z4/
BMW is done for sure but Toyota on the other hand has a new upcoming dedicated sports car platform which I suspect will be utilized for multiple future sports cars.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Im hoping theyre considering a non-hybrid as a base entry level model.
Iā€™m 70% sure a non-hybrid will be offered in Toyota sheet metal. The Lexus will be hybrid or all electric offering.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
We are all speculating an upgraded B58 or an S58 motor. My sources tell me that this is the 3JZ-GTE-TTTS (TTTS = Twin Turbo Twin Scroll) motor developed by Yamaha/GRMN using a straight 6 aluminum block motor paired with a 7speed manual or 9 speed auto.

This is being done as a "Final Edition" with the Toyota/BMW partnership for the Supra will end. It will be showcasing the newly developed motor before they put it in the 2026 A100 Supra which will be Toyota built but have a Lexus counterpart that would be a hybrid similar to the Acura NSX. I also was told that the tail lights were going to be the same shape as the A80 Supra but will be LEDs and the A80 turbo spoiler (spoiler will be molded on to the trunk lid and there will be no non spoiler version) as they heard from the consumer base that was the main feature that was wanted (source: intern engineer from Toyota HQ)

I would just wait till the A100 comes out as it will be a 2+2 with Targa top and all the Mk4 fan boiz can finally STFU as the A100 will be the hero car in two upcoming blockbuster movies/series for Fast and Furious 13 and Final D (Initial D sequel) as the contracts have already been signed (source: Universal Pictures / Shuichi Shigeno).

Ok... I've said too much from my many sources.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
saving this for the future so i can either ask for future lotto numbers or neg you if youre wrong.

how much is this a100 supposed to cost?
My sources from Toyota Marketing Department (mail room clerk)overheard the price point to start at about $85k. They also overheard a $60k price point for a lower trim version which could allude to a 4 cylinder Turbo / Hybrid

@AutoDelight heard someone say "Cite your sources" and thought they said "just make up shit and smart sounding sources because people are dumb".

"engineering intern" as a source. Lmaoooooo.
I didn't want to mention my sources from Universal Pictures but their role is "production water boy" and my source for "Final D" is the "pen/paper quality tester".

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
We are all speculating an upgraded B58 or an S58 motor. My sources tell me that this is the 3JZ-GTE-TTTS (TTTS = Twin Turbo Twin Scroll) motor developed by Yamaha/GRMN using a straight 6 aluminum block motor paired with a 7speed manual or 9 speed auto.

This is being done as a "Final Edition" with the Toyota/BMW partnership for the Supra will end. It will be showcasing the newly developed motor before they put it in the 2026 A100 Supra which will be Toyota built but have a Lexus counterpart that would be a hybrid similar to the Acura NSX. I also was told that the tail lights were going to be the same shape as the A80 Supra but will be LEDs and the A80 turbo spoiler (spoiler will be molded on to the trunk lid and there will be no non spoiler version) as they heard from the consumer base that was the main feature that was wanted (source: intern engineer from Toyota HQ)

I would just wait till the A100 comes out as it will be a 2+2 with Targa top and all the Mk4 fan boiz can finally STFU as the A100 will be the hero car in two upcoming blockbuster movies/series for Fast and Furious 13 and Final D (Initial D sequel) as the contracts have already been signed (source: Universal Pictures / Shuichi Shigeno).

Ok... I've said too much from my many sources.
trolling_2438.jpg

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
https://www.carscoops.com/2024/02/n...-engine-that-can-run-on-carbon-neutral-fuels/

Next Toyota Supra May Get A BMW Engine That Can Run On Carbon-Neutral Fuels

The new model is also widely expected to be offered with a battery-electric powertrain

While the majority of the automotive industry is fully committed to transitioning to battery-electric vehicles despite sales slowing down, Toyota has chosen a multi-pathway approach for the near future, and the upcoming next-generation Supra could serve as a prime example of this strategy.

Despite the current Supra not showing its age, Toyota is reportedly in the works for its successor, which might make its first appearance within the next couple of years. Most signs point towards this new model being made available with battery-electric and good old-fashioned ICE powertrain options. And a new report out of Japan claims to have more info on the next-gen Supraā€™s combustion engine.

According to Japanā€™s Best Car sources, the upcoming powerplant for the next-generation Supra is believed to be a collaborative effort with BMW. Similar to the current engine, it will feature a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder configuration. The notable difference is that this engine will have the capability to run on carbon-neutral fuels and will also incorporate mild hybrid technology.

Sourcing carbon-neutral fuels wonā€™t be an easy task for owners, so the next-gen combustion Supra will also presumably run on normal unleaded petrol. The new engine should be good for around 400 PS or 394 hp, giving it slightly more grunt than the current modelā€™s 382 hp. Driving enthusiasts will be pleased to know that the option of a six-speed manual should also stick around in the new car while an eight-speed auto will also be available.

Prior to the release of the next-generation Supra, Toyota is planning to send out the current model with a high-performance bang in the form of a GRMN version. This variant might share its 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged six-cylinder engine with the BMW M4 CSL and is anticipated to generate around 542 hp. It could also feature a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
Sponsored