Last edited by a moderator:

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
How come it's showing less than the supposed 382 stock hp? Now before everyone jumps about whp and bhp, simple google search will show they were initially dynoing at 382 and higher. Is it the heat??

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
How come it's showing less than the supposed 382 stock hp? Now before everyone jumps about whp and bhp, simple google search will show they were initially dynoing at 382 and higher. Is it the heat??
I would assume so. It's probable that he's experiencing some power loss at the crank because there's less dense air around due to the heat.

I would assume that normal temps they would be hitting 385-400 whp easily.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6088

Yesā€¦ very hot day @ 95fā€¦ no modsā€¦ 91 octaneā€¦. So at the wheels itā€™s 410+ at the crankā€¦

OP
OP

Deleted member 6088

Wheel or brakeā€¦

OP
OP

Deleted member 6088

I would assume so. It's probable that he's experiencing some power loss at the crank because there's less dense air around due to the heat.

I would assume that normal temps they would be hitting 385-400 whp easily.
This is my thought exactly. Done on a 75 degree day would have produced different resultsā€¦ likely the missing 14hp.

BuyFastParts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
WinPeP Dynojet software has a correction factor, so it does not matter how hot or cold or humid, or even what the altitude is, the software will correct the run as if it was done in the same set of conditions all the time.

There are four correction factors in the WinPeP software, SAE, DIN, EEC, STD,
Which correction factor chosen will be in the left & right hand of the graph next to horsepower & torque.

Every correction factor has its own predefined set of parameters.

For example SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) is 68 degrees, 30% humidity and sea level.
So that means no matter your location or conditions the software will always correct your run for those conditions.

For a dynamometer to be useful as a tool you need to have consistency.
The correction factor provides that consistency.
Without it the machine is basically useless.

The correction factor can also be chosen to be displayed on the graph. CF=??

For example CF=1.00 means that the actual conditions at the time the dyno run was made are equal to the correction factor chosen.
So anything below 1.00 ie CF=.97 means that the actual conditions tested in, are better than the chosen correction factor and anything above CF=1.00 are worse.

Its always good practice to have those displayed on the graph.

There is also an uncorrected/actual setting in the software as well.
This will show what you made for the actual conditions you ran it in.
Anything CF= below 1.00 will show that you made more power than the corrected factor and anything above will show you made less.

Because of the correction factor I could dyno the same car on five different Dynojet dynamometers in five different locations and I will always get the same results.

Though if you would look at the uncorrected/actual horsepower of those same runs they will all be different.

As far as your graph I can tell you that the operator hit the sampling button too early and rolled the throttle on to slowly.
It was not at full throttle until 2700 RPM
Any part of the graph below when full throttle was achieved is useless.
Also the graph should be much smoother as it's rough and choppy, indication timing and fuel issues that should be addressed.

BuyFastParts

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6088

WinPeP Dynojet software has a correction factor, so it does not matter how hot or cold or humid, or even what the altitude is, the software will correct the run as if it was done in the same set of conditions all the time.

There are four correction factors in the WinPeP software, SAE, DIN, EEC, STD,
Which correction factor chosen will be in the left & right hand of the graph next to horsepower & torque.

Every correction factor has its own predefined set of parameters.

For example SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) is 68 degrees, 30% humidity and sea level.
So that means no matter your location or conditions the software will always correct your run for those conditions.

For a dynamometer to be useful as a tool you need to have consistency.
The correction factor provides that consistency.
Without it the machine is basically useless.

The correction factor can also be chosen to be displayed on the graph. CF=??

For example CF=1.00 means that the actual conditions at the time the dyno run was made are equal to the correction factor chosen.
So anything below 1.00 ie CF=.97 means that the actual conditions tested in, are better than the chosen correction factor and anything above CF=1.00 are worse.

Its always good practice to have those displayed on the graph.

There is also an uncorrected/actual setting in the software as well.
This will show what you made for the actual conditions you ran it in.
Anything CF= below 1.00 will show that you made more power than the corrected factor and anything above will show you made less.

Because of the correction factor I could dyno the same car on five different Dynojet dynamometers in five different locations and I will always get the same results.

Though if you would look at the uncorrected/actual horsepower of those same runs they will all be different.

As far as your graph I can tell you that the operator hit the sampling button too early and rolled the throttle on to slowly.
It was not at full throttle until 2700 RPM
Any part of the graph below when full throttle was achieved is useless.
Also the graph should be much smoother as it's rough and choppy, indication timing and fuel issues that should be addressed.

BuyFastParts
Thank you for the input! Second set of Dyno were at 373HP and 395trq

DavesMK2JZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold 1984MK2JZ
91OCT is the problem our cars are best @ 93+E. If you add 2 gallons of E85 to get a ~ 91/E25 blend you will be ~93 and will pickup more power with more timing added. I run E30 with 91 and can tell the difrence if i drop to E22. 91 is shit gas.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
91OCT is the problem our cars are best @ 93+E. If you add 2 gallons of E85 to get a ~ 91/E25 blend you will be ~93 and will pickup more power with more timing added. I run E30 with 91 and can tell the difrence if i drop to E22. 91 is shit gas.
Score! In the Midwest we have 93 a plenty.
I thought JB4 would produce bigger HP gainsā€¦ the torque looks pretty good tho.
Assuming like the ops, it's way low. I highly doubt the jb4s/titan protune only adds 15-20 HP. I could be way wrong though ?

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
I thought JB4 would produce bigger HP gainsā€¦ the torque looks pretty good tho.
Well my IAT was really high too when we did those pulls, if I was smart I would have waited till fall to see what it actually makes.
I run 93 oct, there are no e85 pumps around where I live unfortunately
Sponsored