Nismo Z vs Mustang Dark Horse vs GR Supra

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
355 wheel herspers seems a bit low, although it is a manual
Isn't the dark horse rated at 500 crank?
Did Ford just build a other e92 M3 with a bit more tq ?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
355 wheel herspers seems a bit low, although it is a manual
Isn't the dark horse rated at 500 crank?
Did Ford just build a other e92 M3 with a bit more tq ?
Manuals generally dyno higher, not lower.

It's a mustang dyno. They read a good bit lower than dynojets.

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Britt Casey Jr states that his least favorite car is the Supra even though it scores the fastest lap time. His argument is that it requires a higher skill set to operate the car. I understand what he's saying but don't necessarily agree. In the end the lap time is all that counts. We are measuring the cars capability, not the driver.

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
I also think SG needs to do a better job of updating their leaderboard.

1698425051156.png

Here they show the Nismo and Darkhorse on the damp track times. The Supra is showing the old 1.33.72 from their first track test in dry conditions. But the new time is 1.33.62 in damp conditions.

1698425134267.png

C'mon, SG.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Britt Casey Jr states that his least favorite car is the Supra even though it scores the fastest lap time. His argument is that it requires a higher skill set to operate the car. I understand what he's saying but don't necessarily agree. In the end the lap time is all that counts. We are measuring the cars capability, not the driver.

A track rat in a Nismo could beat a ā€œskilledā€ street driver in a Supra

The GT4 Pirelli racers I am friends with, both bmw and Supra, say that the GT4 Supra is more of a handful on the track, but a skilled racer is faster in the Supra than the m4. Supra always want to rotate- short wheel base. One reason the m4 is wider and longer

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I think when you factor in money, possibly lower dealer markup, and how fast the Supra is out of the box, it's really the winner in my mind.

If you go to the aftermarket and upgrade the tires, brakes, suspension, and a tune, you'd still be less money than the Nismo Z and the Dark Horse, but likely with a car that will be superior in almost all performance metrics.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
A track rat in a Nismo could beat a ā€œskilledā€ street driver in a Supra

The GT4 Pirelli racers I am friends with, both bmw and Supra, say that the GT4 Supra is more of a handful on the track, but a skilled racer is faster in the Supra than the m4. Supra always want to rotate- short wheel base. One reason the m4 is wider and longer
It takes a lot of car to beat a real track race car driver. If it was me driving the Supra and say the guy from this video who set track times in a ND Miata, I'm almost positive he'd beat me around the track. But that speaks more to how shit of a driver I am than anything else. This was an excellent comparison where they try to make the playing field as even as possible. It's just too bad they didn't put the same tires on the Dark Horse if only because it is one thing that Mustang people might point out as being the reason why it was marginally slower.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I also think SG needs to do a better job of updating their leaderboard.
SG and crew really don't like the Supra and seem to take every opportunity to knock it down a peg.

I haven't watched this video, but in the previous Z vs Supra vs 86 they were talking about how the Z is fundamentally better, even if it doesn't perform as well, and all it needs is a complete suspension overhaul. But they don't mention how aftermarket suspension might also improve the Supra.

It's kind of the same with Sam Car Legion. It's always one of the faster cars in the races, but he constantly talks about how he just doesn't like the car.