No Sensors?

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Pardon my ignorance, I am a fairly new Supra owner. I own the 2021 3.0 GR and I don't understand why it doesn't have any safety sensors built in? Any insight is appreciated!

mycar.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
say what now?
it has many safety sensors. what are you looking for specifically?
Hello, is this a bot?
on your other post, posted 13 mins ago you said you have the car since last May... hmm. now you're a new owner.. ok bot.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
I can assure you I am not a bot. Maybe ignorant to certain versions, but not a bot. I haven't taken the time to research the issue but now that I found this forum I wanted to find the quick answer. I am talking about those little circular sensors in the front and back of the car. For instance, when I park I don't know when I am about to hit a curb. I did it once and it pissed me off. I see photos of Supras that have those little circular sensors and mine do not have them. It surprises me most because I am of the opinion that I have the top version of that year. Here's another photo of my car that clearly shows no sensors.

I have owned forums for years and do appreciate your due diligence on the bot angle however!

MyCar5.jpg

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Pardon my ignorance, I am a fairly new Supra owner. I own the 2021 3.0 GR and I don't understand why it doesn't have any safety sensors built in?
What exactly do you expect us to say? You apparently bought a base 3.0 (vs. 3.0 Premium) model without the optional Safety & Technology package.

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
If it’s pre owned ask the previous owner :p

Afaik the rear sensors are baseline at least for the 3.0L models

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Okay, this is why I joined the forum because I don't have the experience or knowledge you guys do. Kind of disappointed in some of these responses. I thought this forum might be a bit more welcoming, not so snarky but whatever.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
What exactly do you expect us to say? You apparently bought a base 3.0 (vs. 3.0 Premium) model without the optional Safety & Technology package.
Well apparently that's all I needed to know. I didn't know there was a base versus premium. Now I know. Thank you.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Well apparently that's all I needed to know. I didn't know there was a base versus premium. Now I know. Thank you.
If you can, the car market is still pretty good, sell it and get the premium model. It’s sad because I turn off as many nagging little sensors as I can in my premium. Sounds like you’d be better served in the premium version for sure. It’s loaded. I mean loaded! To me at least
 I can’t stand all those dadgum nannies. But to each his own

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Kind of disappointed in some of these responses. I thought this forum might be a bit more welcoming, not so snarky but whatever.
I mean, not sure what you were expecting based on a fact that you didn’t even know what model you paid money for :dunno:

At least it’s now all sorted out.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
I mean, not sure what you were expecting based on a fact that you didn’t even know what model you paid money for :dunno:

At least it’s now all sorted out.
I didn't research the car. I just knew I always loved Supras and came into some money to afford one. It was barely used with 4K miles, was a head turner, fast as hell, a surprisingly smooth ride and that's all I cared about. It wasn't until later when I noticed other Supras had these sensors. That's pretty much it. I just wish some people were a bit more classy in their responses and not make me now think some Supra drivers are jerks, LOL!

Reactions: zrk

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
other Supras had these sensors.
Parking sensors. They're called parking sensors...
It's a shame it's not standard..

You can get aftermarket ones. I've seen some that outputs video to aftermarket rearview mirror...

I don't know if you could buy Supra/BMW branded and just code them in... Not sure if electrical is in place for it..

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Interesting - I didn't think any car today came without parking sensors - let alone on a Toyota Halo vehicle.

Also the spoiler on your car is aftermarket as well - it was not offered by Toyota.
Sponsored