Non Premium upgrade path

Vincz

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I have scoured the forums looking for a definitive trajectory for upgrading the audio on non premium cars, there is not a lot out there. One thread mentioned a hiss due to the receiver output which it sounds like he coded out.

Has anyone done this successfully? I am going to a local shop but dont want to drop 2-3k and end up with an unseen issue the shop hasn't experienced due to the inherent nature of this car's wiring. I ordered an OBD unit to use Bimmercode to turn off ASD but Im hoping to upgrade the sound all around.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Base model upgrades? I wish. I got a downpipe and AWE touring exhaust. Beautiful with the windows down and doesn’t drown out the horrid stock stereo with them up.

Gregschr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
I have a 23 non premium. What I did so far was buy a add a sub harness from technic pnp that taps into the amp harness to give you the rca outputs and remote out. Makes it very plug and play. Put just one 10” shallow mount mb quart in the trunk with an alpine mono amp. Helps the sound tremendously.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Code out the fake sounds and get Apple CarPlay, then listen to deathmetal…

OP
OP

Vincz

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I have a 23 non premium. What I did so far was buy a add a sub harness from technic pnp that taps into the amp harness to give you the rca outputs and remote out. Makes it very plug and play. Put just one 10” shallow mount mb quart in the trunk with an alpine mono amp. Helps the sound tremendously.
Awesome, do you have the link to the harness? I can easily install this if I dont have to reprogram stuff like others have discussed

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
No matter what you do unless you down the route of 5k+ with new amps/subs/ speakers it will still be subar compared to every basic BMW Z4 with the Harmon Kardon, the JBL unit sucks almost as much just slightly better speakers but even then. I have a client who is well over 10k into his audio system and my Mom's I7 Bowers and Wilkins diamond surround ( granted that is like a $5k option) sounds infinitely better.

OP
OP

Vincz

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Well I ordered the plug and play adaptor mentioned above and a nice sealed JL Audio 12 in sub/amp. Will install next weekend, I will let ya know how it sounds. May eventually need to upgrade the rest, but I like to move one step at a time

OP
OP

Vincz

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I ended up buying the pnptechnic harness and a JL audio amp/sealed box (high end one) and it sounds fantastic now. I also coded out the ASD with bimmercode. Highly recommend

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I ended up buying the pnptechnic harness and a JL audio amp/sealed box (high end one) and it sounds fantastic now. I also coded out the ASD with bimmercode. Highly recommend
Links to what you bought?

OP
OP

Vincz

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra