Audio upgrade options

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
@starman - I'm sure you'd be even more pleased with the sound if you could now high-pass the signal going to the existing subs to roll at ~120Hz or so. Regardless, you definitely crafted an inexpensive option for reinforcement that still looks quite nice and clean! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
@starman - I'm sure you'd be even more pleased with the sound if you could now high-pass the signal going to the existing subs to roll at ~120Hz or so. Regardless, you definitely crafted an inexpensive option for reinforcement that still looks quite nice and clean! :thumbsup:
Actually, I do have the Kicker Sub\Amp set to receive up to 100Hz, [bass boost is set to Zero], and also increased the gain output to only 1/4 of the way up. Then on the Infotainment System's Equalizer, I reduced the 100Hz level (not all the way down, but enough). This way I can go to high volumes and max bass level on the infotainment system without distortion to the subwoofer.

In addition, doing this allows me to use the "Bass Level" option on the Infotainment System [which is programmed on one of the numbered buttons] to easily adjust the bass depending on the music I listen to. [Using the included Kicker's volume knob would have achieved the same I suppose, but I didn't feel like wiring it from the rear to the front nor did I really want to mount the knob anywhere].

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
That's a great solution with limited effort and requirements. Easy enough to adjust as needed and no visual cockpit noise (knob). Not quite a set and forget solution but close enough. :thumbsup:

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
anyone have a photo of the factory wire harness that plugs into the amp? I need to know what pins are for what speakers.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Bump bcuz I want to upgrade my subs with some high quality subs and the amp, but there isn’t a whole lot of info out there

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Yes there is. Link in sig.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Check in the electronics section. Metal and I have both done very extensive builds in that section

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I'm an audiophile and I've always had an aftermarket sub and amp connected to the stock system to fill in the low end bass. Seems like all these "premium" audio systems are tuned to protect against blowing speakers or tuned for the general masses (very boomy). Also noticed the quality of speakers aren't as great compared to past generation Toyota speakers (90's ie.).

So here's a thread for those who will look into upgrading their Supra's audio in the future. I'd like to kill the factory amp, or kill the lines going to the 2 8" subs and put my own amp to drive those speakers. It just doesn't produce the proper frequency for the low end. An alternative may be to add an additional subwoofer (small of course) in the trunk just to fill in the low end. The mids and highs are very good tho. Although I had to tune the equalizer to get it to sound as natural as possible. The normal settings were really bad.

I'm sure someone will figure out the best and cleanest way to get some killer audio in this car.
AWE Track Exhaust is the best audio upgrade you can do, why buy a performance car just to blast music?
Sponsored