Normal and Sport modes with tune

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OK, I’m sure this is a really stupid question but here goes…

How does switching between “normal” and “sport” modes work when you have a tune?

I have a 2020 that I’m finally going to drop an EcuTek tune onto and it dawned on me that I honestly have never heard anything about how swapping between normal and sport modes works with a tuned ECU/DME

Does it work pretty much the same way as stock, just with more power? Are the power gains only available in “sport mode”?

Do I just need to see myself out???
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Works the same. I’m not sure if there’s much of a power difference, but the throttle mapping, steering feel, suspension, etc. in normal vs sport all work the same as stock.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Works the same. I’m not sure if there’s much of a power difference, but the throttle mapping, steering feel, suspension, etc. in normal vs sport all work the same as stock.
Or even better... since I think the throttle mapping can be tuned as well (not much you can do with the rest without physically swapping parts). Maybe I'm wrong on that, but at the very least the tune should make the existing sport map less twitchy compared to stock.

Edit - yep, although some features may be limited by model/version/etc., but definitely available:
1671168448803.png

Last edited: