OEM Turbo with T51R insert

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
T51r mods received my 6port compressor housing today. Hopefully by weeks end It'll be on its way back to me and I can be the hotboi I know I can be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@gixxersixxerman Hey do you have any videos inside the cabin? How's the sound just cruising on the highway? Also, any issues with the ECU tripping out lol?
I'm assuming if it gets too annoying we can just throw back our stock air box, that should mute some of the sound
I don't have any videos inside the cabin really. I took some with the window down and up quickly but never put them on YT, I can see if I can upload a video straight to here from my iPad.

Ecu doesn't care at all. I even had this on when I did my last log with Payn and no revision was needed. Best 60-130 time I've ever had was with this 8.1. BUT it was also the best DA ever too so had nothing to do with this mod.

So being completely honest, when I first did this I had the stock exhaust on with just catless dp, and it was very annoying. I was ready to take it off after a couple drives. Unlike bigger turbos that have this mod just cruising down the highway this thing is whistling. Once I put this single exit Tomei on I can hear it but it's no longer annoying and doesn't bother me. I don't really notice it at all unless I'm getting on it, I think it complements the exhaust tone nicely. I haven't done any long trips, but I'd have shot myself in the face listening to it with the stock exhaust on a trip to SoCal.

I don't have a stock air box to try but it may muffle it up some.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I don't have any videos inside the cabin really. I took some with the window down and up quickly but never put them on YT, I can see if I can upload a video straight to here from my iPad.

Ecu doesn't care at all. I even had this on when I did my last log with Payn and no revision was needed. Best 60-130 time I've ever had was with this 8.1. BUT it was also the best DA ever too so had nothing to do with this mod.

So being completely honest, when I first did this I had the stock exhaust on with just catless dp, and it was very annoying. I was ready to take it off after a couple drives. Unlike bigger turbos that have this mod just cruising down the highway this thing is whistling. Once I put this single exit Tomei on I can hear it but it's no longer annoying and doesn't bother me. I don't really notice it at all unless I'm getting on it, I think it complements the exhaust tone nicely. I haven't done any long trips, but I'd have shot myself in the face listening to it with the stock exhaust on a trip to SoCal.

upload directly to streamable if it's a short 30second clip.

nimasis

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0

Thank you for the quick response!!

OP
OP
gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
upload directly to streamable if it's a short 30second clip.
Thanks, that worked

My son has the car today to do a video while im at work, I asked him to shoot like a 2min driving video of like getting on the highway and driving in regular traffic that Iā€™ll get uploaded to YT when I can. I get asked this often so might as well do it

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Thanks, that worked

My son has the car today to do a video while im at work, I asked him to shoot like a 2min driving video of like getting on the highway and driving in regular traffic that Iā€™ll get uploaded to YT when I can. I get asked this often so might as well do it
Thank you for these! When mine comes back in, I'll gladly do as much as I can to help with the videos.

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
T51r mods received my 6port compressor housing today. Hopefully by weeks end It'll be on its way back to me and I can be the hotboi I know I can be.
what was your takeoff procedure, I got the 3 bolts off in 30mins without loosening anything else. But that top bolt next to block and hidden by the hardlines through me for a loop all day and decided to put it all back together

OP
OP
gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I was told by another 6 port that they didnt have to take the turbo off, just a long 1/4" drive 12" extension. you will no matter what at the very least have to unbolt the turbo from the block, i unbolted the DP mount that 6 port guy removed the DP. Im doing one next weekend so ill be able to report then exactly what i had to do.

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I tried it the other day. You should be able to get 3 of the 4 bolts off without removing anything besides the intake and lower charge pipe. That inside top bolt next to the block and blocked by the hardlines is gonna by be a real pain. I bolted all my shit back up and called ut a day

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I was told by another 6 port that they didnt have to take the turbo off, just a long 1/4" drive 12" extension. you will no matter what at the very least have to unbolt the turbo from the block, i unbolted the DP mount that 6 port guy removed the DP. Im doing one next weekend so ill be able to report then exactly what i had to do.
How long did the T51 guy take to finish your compressor housing? He's only had mine two days but I don't really want to bug him. I'm fine with another week of downtime, but I've a car show on mar10 and a track day on the 19th I need to be prepared for lol
Sponsored