Official CU LATER GRAY Supra Club Thread

Knoxengineering

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT | Cu Later Gray
Picked mine up on December 30th and drove it home about 40 miles and parked it for the most part until PPF happens next Tuesday. I did drive it once to top up the fuel tank so I could weigh the car with a full tank. And, since I couldn't keep my grubby hands off the car, installed the AMS wind deflectors as well.

This color looks so different depending on the lighting conditions. It can go from non-metallic grey, to lilac, to a copper/lilac, to a grey-blue. Looking forward to getting PPF done so I can start spending some time behind the wheel and enjoy the lines of the car in different settings. And, of course, get those all important break in miles and first oil change out of the way.

2v2eewNsCxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewNfLxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewN7Fxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewNRdxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewNiWxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewNAgxu6LVA.jpg

2v2eewNwCxu6LVA.jpg
3533 lbs. not bad at all... thank you for sharing! Great pictures.
Sponsored

Knoxengineering

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey All,

I've seen several other members share their dealership experience. I wanted to share my experience and the Google review I did for the dealership. I've also posted some pictures that followed the process.

----------Google Review
I was not originally allocated an A91ā€¦

I reached out to Cox Toyota in Burlington North Carolina as part of an exhaustive 6 month search to find the A91. The first person I talked to was Samantha Sturdevant. I explained why I was reaching out and that Cox Toyota had been allocated one of the A91's I was looking for. Although the car was already spoken for, she must have heard the passion (or desperation) in my voice and gave me the option to put down a deposit in the chance that the original deal fell through. So, I did (Oct 17th), and went on with my search.

Four days later (Oct 21st), Samantha calls and delicately tees the news up that the A91 is mine as the original deal was dissolved. I think my response was, "Are you kidding me?!?!?". Samantha kept her word and called me the moment the original deal fell through.

That was just the beginning of my Cox Cares experience. Samantha walked me through next steps and clearly articulated the process. Because of the rarity of the car, I was honestly nervous as to how the car would be handled. Samantha set my mind at ease and strenuously took notes on everything I wanted done to the car and, everything I did not (E.g. tint, PPF, dealer decals, etc.). She also brought in Misty Broadus her finance partner to ensure I had a dedicated person to ask questions to and work with. Misty was an absolute pleasure and went above and beyond to expedite the paperwork.

Samantha followed the car the entire intake process sending me pictures and keeping me up to date. She even had the car parked off on its own to ensure it was safe until the car transporter picked it up. Samantha was also the point of contact at the dealership for coordinating the transporter. The moment Misty gave the "All Clear" on the paperwork, Samantha had the car loaded on the truck to begin its journey home. I took delivery of the A91 on Nov 4th.

So, from the time I put my deposit down in hopes of possibly, maybe, even a slight chance of getting an allocation to the time I took delivery in my driveway was 3 weeks... think on that. Cox Toyota is first class!

I don't know if it was me or the fact that the car was a 1/500 A91 but, I felt like the only customer the Cox team was focused on. Everyone made the time to ensure I felt like part of the process. Being an out of state customer, that's hard to do. I can't thank Samantha, Misty and the entire team at Cox Toyota enough for making this one of the best car buying experiences I have every had. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

----------End Google Review

Delivered to Cox Toyota in North Carolina
image0.jpeg

Prepped at Cox Toyota
image1.jpeg

Loaded on the transport at Cox Toyota
image2.jpeg

Arrived safely at home in Georgia
image3.jpeg

Smiles all around :cool:
image6.jpeg

Thank you,

Brandon K

Last edited:

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
knoxengineering, thatā€™s a great dealership experience. Iā€™m glad that Toyota dealers are treating buyers with so much car and ā€œindividualismā€. My experience with Toyota Puyallup was 100% pain and frustration free as well and I will refer anyone in the area to them for their Toyota needs

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
Guys, I'm thinking of purchasing the CU Later and doing Xpel Matte on it.

What's your opinion on this? And I can't seem to find any examples of people having done this.

6mtsoup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT

What's your opinion on this? And I can't seem to find any examples of people having done this.
Page 5 of this thread, @GRSupraguy has a friend who did it. think he has some more pics on IG

Kentyre

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT Supra
Hey All,

I've seen several other members share their dealership experience. I wanted to share my experience and the Google review I did for the dealership. I've also posted some pictures that followed the process.

----------Google Review
I was not originally allocated an A91ā€¦

I reached out to Cox Toyota in Burlington North Carolina as part of an exhaustive 6 month search to find the A91. The first person I talked to was Samantha Sturdevant. I explained why I was reaching out and that Cox Toyota had been allocated one of the A91's I was looking for. Although the car was already spoken for, she must have heard the passion (or desperation) in my voice and gave me the option to put down a deposit in the chance that the original deal fell through. So, I did (Oct 17th), and went on with my search.

Four days later (Oct 21st), Samantha calls and delicately tees the news up that the A91 is mine as the original deal was dissolved. I think my response was, "Are you kidding me?!?!?". Samantha kept her word and called me the moment the original deal fell through.

That was just the beginning of my Cox Cares experience. Samantha walked me through next steps and clearly articulated the process. Because of the rarity of the car, I was honestly nervous as to how the car would be handled. Samantha set my mind at ease and strenuously took notes on everything I wanted done to the car and, everything I did not (E.g. tint, PPF, dealer decals, etc.). She also brought in Misty Broadus her finance partner to ensure I had a dedicated person to ask questions to and work with. Misty was an absolute pleasure and went above and beyond to expedite the paperwork.

Samantha followed the car the entire intake process sending me pictures and keeping me up to date. She even had the car parked off on its own to ensure it was safe until the car transporter picked it up. Samantha was also the point of contact at the dealership for coordinating the transporter. The moment Misty gave the "All Clear" on the paperwork, Samantha had the car loaded on the truck to begin its journey home. I took delivery of the A91 on Nov 4th.

So, from the time I put my deposit down in hopes of possibly, maybe, even a slight chance of getting an allocation to the time I took delivery in my driveway was 3 weeks... think on that. Cox Toyota is first class!

I don't know if it was me or the fact that the car was a 1/500 A91 but, I felt like the only customer the Cox team was focused on. Everyone made the time to ensure I felt like part of the process. Being an out of state customer, that's hard to do. I can't thank Samantha, Misty and the entire team at Cox Toyota enough for making this one of the best car buying experiences I have every had. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

----------End Google Review

Delivered to Cox Toyota in North Carolina
image0.jpeg

Prepped at Cox Toyota
image1.jpeg

Loaded on the transport at Cox Toyota
image2.jpeg

Arrived safely at home in Georgia
image3.jpeg

Smiles all around :cool:
image6.jpeg

Thank you,

Brandon K
What a nice buying experiance! I was not as lucky. The dealer i got mine from didn't realise it was a special edition untill after i had a deposit down. They kept saying its a "base model with a beige interior". Even for what they thought was a base they charged me 5k markup for the privilege to purchase through them. And for that privilege I got an unactivated navigation and two holes in my rear bumper when the kid drilled the license plate holes in the wrong location.

Knoxengineering

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Hey VolcanicAshGrey,

I have the full gloss XPEL Plus on the body of the car and the matte on all the black aero pieces (front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser). I didn't want to hide any aspect of the Cu Later Grey paintwork so I opted for the gloss. But, the matte on the aero pieces looks the part.

If you're curious, I did the XPEL tint all around (windshield 80%, doors 35%, and side/rear 20%) as well as ceramic coating the wheels.

I recommend AP3 Atlanta for those in the area. Pics below...

ppf1.jpeg

ppf3.jpeg

ppf4.jpeg
GR Supra (1 of 6).jpg

Last edited:

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Thereā€™s a guy in Toyota Supra MKV /A90 Discussions Facebook group named Price Josh who listed one for sale with stealth xpel. He has some photos on it. Iā€™d check that out

Edit: @VolcanicAshGrey

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I have the full gloss XPEL Plus on the body of the car and the matte on all the black aero pieces (front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser). I didn't want to hide any aspect of the Cu Later Grey paintwork so I opted for the gloss.
~ yeah why go to a matte finish on an already rare and beautiful gloss paint job!

Last edited:

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
Hey VolcanicAshGrey,

I have the full gloss XPEL Plus on the body of the car and the matte on all the black aero pieces (front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser). I didn't want to hide any aspect of the Cu Later Grey paintwork so I opted for the gloss. But, the matte on the aero pieces looks the part.

If you're curious, I did the XPEL tint all around (windshield 80%, doors 35%, and side/rear 20%) as well as ceramic coating the wheels.

I recommend AP3 Atlanta if you're in the area. Pics below...

ppf1.jpeg

ppf3.jpeg

ppf4.jpeg
GR Supra (1 of 6).jpg
Thanks a lot for sharing. This looks sick with the extra gloss from the wrap.

Now I'm torn between matte and gloss xpel for the body. Like @Andrew4Supra says, I have second thoughts about hiding the special shimmer of the CU Later gray.

Unfortunately I'm all the way in UAE. So no shops in Atlanta for me.

~ yeah why go to a matte finish on an already rare and beautiful gloss paint job!
Yeah I know what you mean!

Thereā€™s a guy in Toyota Supra MKV /A90 Discussions Facebook group named Price Josh who listed one for sale with stealth xpel. He has some photos on it. Iā€™d check that out

Edit: @VolcanicAshGrey
I did get some good high res pics from GRSupraguy via PM. So now I have a good look at both the gloss and the matte.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Everyone Iā€™ve met says my factory Phantom matte grey is the best wrap job theyā€™ve ever seen šŸ˜‚. At 1st I thought they were just joking, but now Iā€˜ve received so many comments about my ā€œwrapā€ job, Iā€™m just like yeahā€¦ I like it too.

Romin91

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91-MT, 13 Sonata SE 2.4
I saw a Youtube short that showed a CU-Later with gold Valvetronic exhaust a while back, now I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone here has that specific exhaust installed ? I need some pics and feedback.
Sponsored