• Total voters

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
I have always been in the minority. lol 71 here. Was waiting for many years for a modernized 240Z.
Where in AZ, I'm 20 miles north of Prescott, in Chino Valley.
Sponsored

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
I have always been in the minority. lol 71 here. Was waiting for many years for a modernized 240Z.
I had a 71 240Z, 280 block, 240 head ported and polished, 3 48 Weber's, and posi irs rear diff. with nitrous. It was fast.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
My thread continues to bring generations and cultures together.

Except for that Axix guy. He's just a curmudgeon.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
Let's do home gyms next. Got this baby all ready for home workouts then restrictions lifted and commercial gyms opened back up. So now I have a museum piece.

PXL_20210513_195429814.MP.jpg
I don't have the full lifting gym but I got my bike trainer treadmill and a few free weights all set up in the basement workout area. I do triathlon so only reason for me to go to a gym now is the pool, unless inifinity pool...hmmmm

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
33 years young here. Only way I could afford my car was courtesy of a drunk driver hitting me.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
My Supra is my first new car ever! I've had nice stuff, and I've had a lot of junk also. My wife is a partner at a very large law firm, and I'm just a house husband. I'm almost 50 years old, and my wife wanted to buy me a new car.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My Supra is my first new car ever! I've had nice stuff, and I've had a lot of junk also. My wife is a partner at a very large law firm, and I'm just a house husband. I'm almost 50 years old, and my wife wanted to buy me a new car.
That's the dream. My wife promised she'll get me a Lambo one day. Still holding my breath. Should have settled on a date :drive:

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
hahaha my SO is also a lawyer but for some reason chose to be in the public sector...so I need to buy my own toys. At least I can do that (since it's a common theme here, also in software) without having to worry about what she thinks.

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
18 years old. Not sure if I am the youngest here, probably not to be honest. I have been hugely involved in reselling for the past 4 years now, and I am blessed to say that it has allowed me to be able to purchase this car on my own without the assistance of my parents. They of course helped me along the way guiding me with credit, managing my money, and of course investing properly before making a dumb purchase such as this. My mom was 100% against it, but I'm very glad I pulled the trigger. This car is like my baby, makes me smile each time I open up the garage.

aya

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro Yello 3.0, Honda S2000, Toyota 86, Yamaha R3
I'm a baby, 24 here! Because everyone asks (including the Taco Bell drive thru guy tonight), software engineer :)

Also helps that my S2000 that I bought for $7,500 during college has skyrocketed in value, making the down payment for the Supra much more digestible.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
lAso helps that my S2000 that I bought for $7,500 during college has skyrocketed in value, making the down payment for the Supra much more digestible.
Well, that's a mistake. It'll only go up in price. I've seen 0 indication of a successor unless you believe the 2024 rumors for 75th year... and it could, to be honest especially after 400z..
Anyhow, it's gone. More importantly how do they compare?

aya

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro Yello 3.0, Honda S2000, Toyota 86, Yamaha R3
Well, that's a mistake. It'll only go up in price. I've seen 0 indication of a successor unless you believe the 2024 rumors for 75th year... and it could, to be honest especially after 400z..
Anyhow, it's gone. More importantly how do they compare?
I'm planning on getting another one very soon, within the next year. I sold mine to my friend as a project (was kind of a box of rats), and I'm aiming to get one in my dream spec (GPW/tan AP1) - in 6 months or so when I can get a feel for if the market truly is going to keep appreciating or stabilize.

Honestly, performance-wise, the S2000 is quickly becoming hugely overrated as a car, and I'm a huge S2000 fan. It's great to circlejerk about on paper because you get to cite highest NA HP/liter until the 458, 'one of the best manual gearboxes ever', etc. but honestly, in the real world, it's a great weekender or track car and not much else. It's unbelievably GUTLESS below 6,000rpm, the interior is cramped as all hell, the visibility top-up is poor, the steering lacks good feedback, it's possibly the worst daily as far as normal-people cars go, and it's very twitchy on stock suspension/tires.

But if all you use it for is track/autoX or as a dedicated canyon carver, and all you care about is the driving experience, and have good suspension mods, imo it's one of the best cars ever short of Lotus/Porsche. It just feels amazing and special, something you can't put into words. And it certainly has a lot of headspace to turn into an absolute monster.

But in terms of stock cars, objectively, the Supra beats it in almost every single way aside from 3 pedals. The S2000 holds momentum better being almost 600 pounds lighter, but to call the Supra anything less than a humongous upgrade in about every other area is disingenuous. Tbh, even my modestly modified 86 is as fun on tight, technical roads/tracks and has a far better chassis.

Pros for S2000: lighter, convertible, incredible cockpit, top-tier shifter, 9000RPM VTEC, throttle response (thanks mechanical throttle)

Pros for Supra: literally everything else

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you guys need a 36 year old Stay-At-Home son? I'm willing to relocate. I know the Canadian banking system well after spending 10 years involved. I learned all about Canada from Canadian Bacon, Trailer Park Boys, and Letterkenny.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't have the full lifting gym but I got my bike trainer treadmill and a few free weights all set up in the basement workout area. I do triathlon so only reason for me to go to a gym now is the pool, unless inifinity pool...hmmmm
The closest I've been to a triathlon was getting a rash while riding a bicycle in a mesh lined bathing suit. :-/

I'm just a dumb meathead lifter with recurring injuries.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Mid 20s here, business owner.
Makes sense biggest ownership group is 30+.
People in their 20s in this generation don't have shit, barely an apartment and a corolla for the most part. That's between a couple. Or they take on loans for a Tesla.
Sponsored