First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Finally got another chance to put our Supra back on the dyno and get some runs in. Last session she laid down 629whp (mustang dyno) and 720tq which is over 700whp on a dynojet.

Latest session she put down 725whp on the mustang dyno which should be 800-830whp on a dynojet with industry accepted conversion. We also turned the torque down to low 600s at the wheel to keep the car happier longer.

Our car is full weight and all turbo, no nitrous and etc thats become the norm on the MKV. Fuel was E68 straight out of the pump. This is all on the stock engine, stock TCM tune. Tons left in the turbo.

Mods:
-Docrace Single Turbo kit w/borg warner EFR9280 IWG
-EOS Port Injection kit w/95lb injectors
-SS AIC2P Secondary Injection Controller
-Turbosmart BOV Controller
-Raceart 3-port solenoid Holder
-Twisted Tuning Turbo Inlet Velocity stack
-Twisted Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
-Twisted Tuning Flash Tune

#Twistedtuning #twistedtuned #intwistedwetrust #stpns #mustangdyno #mhdflasher #ecutek #borgwarner #EFR9280 #docrace #carswithoutlimits #supramkv #supra #a90supra #supraforums #toyota #b58 #2jz #bmw #evolutionofspeed #photooftheday #worldrecord #800whp #700whp #worldsfirst #sellinghopesanddreams #suprafanatics #splitsecond #portinjection #stockblock #drip #thatdrip

UPDATE (4-16-20)

So we tossed her back on the dyno late night and bested our previous numbers. Currently at 767whp, 620tq(on mustang dyno)

PhotoGrid_1586929528063.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cldrigid

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Finally got another chance to put our Supra back on the dyno and get some runs in. Last session she laid down 629whp (mustang dyno) and 720tq which is over 700whp on a dynojet.

Latest session she put down 725whp on the mustang dyno which should be 800-830whp on a dynojet with industry accepted conversion. We also turned the torque down to low 600s at the wheel to keep the car happier longer.

Our car is full weight and all turbo, no nitrous and etc thats become the norm on the MKV. Fuel was E68 straight out of the pump. This is all on the stock engine, stock TCM tune. Tons left in the turbo.

Mods:
-Docrace Single Turbo kit w/borg warner EFR9280 IWG
-EOS Port Injection kit w/95lb injectors
-SS AIC2P Secondary Injection Controller
-Turbosmart BOV Controller
-Raceart 3-port solenoid Holder
-Twisted Tuning Turbo Inlet Velocity stack
-Twisted Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
-Twisted Tuning Flash Tune

#Twistedtuning #twistedtuned #intwistedwetrust #stpns #mustangdyno #mhdflasher #ecutek #borgwarner #EFR9280 #docrace #carswithoutlimits #supramkv #supra #a90supra #supraforums #toyota #b58 #2jz #bmw #evolutionofspeed #photooftheday #worldrecord #800whp #700whp #worldsfirst #sellinghopesanddreams #suprafanatics #splitsecond #portinjection #stockblock #drip #thatdrip

Congrats and thanks for sharing mods and attention to detail!!

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Congrats with those numbers :)

Out of curiosity: How much was achieved on this setup with normal octane93 or not tested yet?
And I guess an official graph will be showed soon regarding torque/hp increase over the RPM range? (in the vid, it is not so 'easy to see')

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Congrats and thanks for sharing mods and attention to detail!!

Thank you

Congrats with those numbers :)

Out of curiosity: How much was achieved on this setup with normal octane93 or not tested yet?
And I guess an official graph will be showed soon regarding torque/hp increase over the RPM range? (in the vid, it is not so 'easy to see')
I think inposted 93oct numbers a while back in here. Made like 540whp on mustang which isnlike 600 or so on a dynojet.

The "unofficial" moniker was placed soley because we tune on mustang dynos because they are better. Most people only accept numbers from dynojets. Completely bypassing the known fact that mustang dyno read like 10-15% lower everywhere in the world than dynojets and dynocom dynos.

As stated in the post...725whp on a mustang dyno is over 800whp on a dynojet. I do have plans to put on a dynojet just to shut a person or two up. But anyone in the business knows the difference between dynojet and mustang dyno results.

Oh... here is the actual curve. Ill add to original post as well.

20200411_150515.jpg

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Sustainable power for build? Or too early to tell?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Sustainable power for build? Or too early to tell?
this tune is very sustainable because we tuned this to a sustainable torque level for the stock rods. Prior we were running over 700ft/lbs of torque mainly to find where the trans limit was. which was around 760ft/lbs. Now that we found that we reduced torque down to 600-650ft/lbs which is a good point for the stock bottom end to thrive. Controlled flat torque as you can see is very sustainable and we just ramp the horsepower up. engine will be happy here for a while.

we have a simple rod and piston bottom end build in the works to push power to 1000whp past 1000hp (850whp or so) which was our stock block goal.

sTiLL nOt A 2jZ tHo
haha

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats guys!
With a turbo this big will you experience any lag down? Also could you just post some details on the injector kit.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you
I think inposted 93oct numbers a while back in here. Made like 540whp on mustang which isnlike 600 or so on a dynojet.

The "unofficial" moniker was placed soley because we tune on mustang dynos because they are better. Most people only accept numbers from dynojets. Completely bypassing the known fact that mustang dyno read like 10-15% lower everywhere in the world than dynojets and dynocom dynos.

As stated in the post...725whp on a mustang dyno is over 800whp on a dynojet. I do have plans to put on a dynojet just to shut a person or two up. But anyone in the business knows the difference between dynojet and mustang dyno results.

Oh... here is the actual curve. Ill add to original post as well.

20200411_150515.jpg
Indeed, you are right regarding the Mustang dyno's.
But most tuners/persons use the Dynojet numbers, that's why as you mentioned... it is good to also put her on a Dynojet to compare :)

Haha, you know I am always interested in octane93 figures. Always been into more the 'real world figures' as ocante93 is available almost everywhere :)

Thanks for the graph, appreciated.
Did you 'downtune' the torque in the lower RPM range (2000-3500) for better traction? Or is this actually the characteristics of the turbo itself?
If I am not mistaken, these low-rpm torque levels are less than the standard turbo ones, correct?
Or it is me misreading the graphs (for example in Europe we read everything 'at the engine')

P.S.: So this makes your setup over 1000hp at the engine, right?
If indeed whp = horsepower measured at the hub (not the crank)

Maybe too much to ask, but do you have a graph which showing both the whp and engine one?
Would make it a lot easier for us European persons to compare :)
(it ain't easy comparing numbers between regions)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Congrats guys!
With a turbo this big will you experience any lag down? Also could you just post some details on the injector kit.
if comparing to the stock turbo, definitely that is some noticable lag. But we have our setup spooled to 20psi by 3700rpms. so not that bad. the Port injection plate we run is made by Evolution of speed. We are a dealer if you wish to go port injection route. Just hit me up.

Indeed, you are right regarding the Mustang dyno's.
But most tuners/persons use the Dynojet numbers, that's why as you mentioned... it is good to also put her on a Dynojet to compare :)

Haha, you know I am always interested in octane93 figures. Always been into more the 'real world figures' as ocante93 is available almost everywhere :)

Thanks for the graph, appreciated.
Did you 'downtune' the torque in the lower RPM range (2000-3500) for better traction? Or is this actually the characteristics of the turbo itself?
If I am not mistaken, these low-rpm torque levels are less than the standard turbo ones, correct?
Or it is me misreading the graphs (for example in Europe we read everything 'at the engine')

P.S.: So this makes your setup over 1000hp at the engine, right?
If indeed whp = horsepower measured at the hub (not the crank)
Maybe too much to ask, but do you have a graph which showing both the whp and engine one?
Would make it a lot easier for us European persons to compare :)
(it ain't easy comparing numbers between regions)
yea, Dynojets and Dynocoms read exponentially higher than Mustangs. yes, definitely, i know people are insterested in real world numbers, thats why we did 93oct numbers. The E68 is straight out a a gas station pump. Real world. Thats what our pumps in NY are testing right now. May get up to E75-E85 once summer truly hits.

This tune is tuned to have torque reduced. Again real world sustainable power. We were running over 700tq for a while as well with no issues until about 760tq. Torque was turned down 600-650tq, not due to traction, but for a more real world sustainable map for a happy stock bottom end with some longevity. We have a Simple rod and piston bottom end that we are going to do to get us to 1000whp.

Sure a smaller turbo can make massive torque down low, but it will also fall off heavy past the midrange. Notice how flast my torque curve is while power keeps increasing. This makes for a VERY controllable, predictable, and smooth powerband that is fast as well as safe.

hows the trans holding up?
great. no trans issues at that torque level. We didnt see slip until 760tq. See above explanation as well.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Twisted Tuning said:
yea, Dynojets and Dynocoms read exponentially higher than Mustangs. yes, definitely, i know people are insterested in real world numbers, thats why we did 93oct numbers. The E68 is straight out a a gas station pump. Real world. Thats what our pumps in NY are testing right now. May get up to E75-E85 once summer truly hits.

This tune is tuned to have torque reduced. Again real world sustainable power. We were running over 700tq for a while as well with no issues until about 760tq. Torque was turned down 600-650tq, not due to traction, but for a more real world sustainable map for a happy stock bottom end with some longevity. We have a Simple rod and piston bottom end that we are going to do to get us to 1000whp.

Sure a smaller turbo can make massive torque down low, but it will also fall off heavy past the midrange. Notice how flast my torque curve is while power keeps increasing. This makes for a VERY controllable, predictable, and smooth powerband that is fast as well as safe.
Thanks. So the lower RPM torque levels are the characteristics of the turbo itself and not a downtune (reading your first comment regarding the laggness of the turbo). Your downtune occurs at the higher RPM range to restrict torque to maximum 600 to keep the longer durability :)

No idea how available E68 is in America, but here in Europe... no :)
Octane 91 & octane 93 yes. If you are lucky like in some places of the Netherlands... E85. But again, 91 & 93 is common on a global scale :)

Very curious when it comes to achieving the 'magic 1000whp' number :)

The standard turbo is sustaining its mid-range torque level very well. It keeps it almost flat between 2200-5200RPM.
Yes the powerband is smooth upwards, no doubt about that :)

I am still amazed that the standard block can handle 800 horsepower at the wheels (so including drivetrain loss). That is massive when you compare that an entire new Supra block only costs around 8000 Euros.

luchocampusano

First Name
Lucho
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BMW 335ix
congrats.... I hope you could make less than 9.4sec very soon. Keep it up

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Upping the Ante a little more... 767whp, 620tq on the dyno....

IMG_20200415_021253_394.jpg