Officially ordered my A91 edition

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Nice! What dealer did u go through? I'm in the LA area as well.
I went through Longo, as they stated they will sell for MSRP. In the end, though, I may end up getting a 2020 after waiting this long since saving over 10k on the car might be the smarter decision for me personally at this time.

darn practicality

Last edited:

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I did a search this morning on a few sites and found very few 2021 units being advertised. All are MSRP (although we know this is no guarantee the dealer isnā€™t planning to charge a premium).

Thinking it might be a few weeks or even months before these are widely available.

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0: Turbulence Gray
I went through Longo, as they stated they will sell for MSRP. In the end, though, I may end up getting a 2020 after waiting this long since saving over 10k on the car might be the smarter decision for me personally at this time.

darn practicality
Oh nice, I went with Longo as well. Hoping to get an A91 but I can settle with a white premium.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
I dont understand why it seems like you guys are having such an easy time placing an order for a future supra when every dealership around me keeps telling me i cant put an order in. I know I am new to this level of vehicle but I feel like it shouldnt be this hard to put an order in for a future allocation. I know they dont have the spec I want coming in but I tell them I want to put down a deposit for an order and they keep acting like I am completely out of my mind! Do I literally just have to go in and tell them I want to order, say here is my money and go from there? Are they not taking me seriously because I am doing this over email? Could someone PM me and help me figure out what I am saying wrong to them? I dont mind waiting to get one but none of the ones that are supposed to come into my area are the spec that I want.

for real....my sales guy keeps telling me he "is on it" but cant just tell me "i have ordered your blue "A91" i sent the guy a build sheet...I really hope they dont drop the ball on this....every time i talk to them about the blue one he keeps feeding me some crap about thier rep saying only the black ones are going to be coming in and he has no info on the refraction blue ones. honestly i wish i could just go straight to toyota for ordering...can anyone PM me some info or if there is some special language i need to be sending these guys?!?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
From what I have gotten back, is a lot of the dealers in my area wont take a deposit until they have the next round of allocations assigned to them. I did find a two dealerships that would let me put a deposit down for their future allocation. I told them that I am committed to putting a deposit down this weekend and one of them set up an appointment to come in. So essentially I put my money where my mouth is to get their attention, kind of what other posts were saying on going into the dealership and just telling them how it is.

Malinkadink

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Celica GT 4 Speed
From what I have gotten back, is a lot of the dealers in my area wont take a deposit until they have the next round of allocations assigned to them. I did find a two dealerships that would let me put a deposit down for their future allocation. I told them that I am committed to putting a deposit down this weekend and one of them set up an appointment to come in. So essentially I put my money where my mouth is to get their attention, kind of what other posts were saying on going into the dealership and just telling them how it is.
I don't like this approach, unless you're strictly aiming for an A91 and willing to pay sticker or even a little mark up. When you put money down like that and let them know you're seriously interested and haven't talked numbers then you put them in a better position to keep your deposit and pull your leg around before they give you the money back if you decide to step away from the deal.

In any case Supras haven't been selling too well even before lockdowns and now even less so as a lot of people are out of a job. I think there will be plenty of 2021s on the lots and even some A91s that aren't spoken for. I'm not in a hurry personally and would rather get a good deal than pay MSRP. Working from home at least until September i barely even need a car right now as well.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I don't like this approach, unless you're strictly aiming for an A91 and willing to pay sticker or even a little mark up. When you put money down like that and let them know you're seriously interested and haven't talked numbers then you put them in a better position to keep your deposit and pull your leg around before they give you the money back if you decide to step away from the deal.

In any case Supras haven't been selling too well even before lockdowns and now even less so as a lot of people are out of a job. I think there will be plenty of 2021s on the lots and even some A91s that aren't spoken for. I'm not in a hurry personally and would rather get a good deal than pay MSRP. Working from home at least until September i barely even need a car right now as well.
Yeap, playing the long game, I bet we'll see some A91 at a discount after all, LE cars were more limited and those ended up selling for below MSRP.

I get it for those that don't want to wait though. To each his own

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Yeap, playing the long game, I bet we'll see some A91 at a discount after all, LE cars were more limited and those ended up selling for below MSRP.

I get it for those that don't want to wait though. To each his own
Wasn't there 1500 LE's & only 1000 91's ?

e_miller81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Eclipse GSX
Does anyone know if the A91 edition will be numbered like the launch edition? Toyota and scion did this on there release series but havenā€™t read anything on the A91.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Getting close when Toyota starts advertising lol! My car should be built in the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Does anyone know if the A91 edition will be numbered like the launch edition? Toyota and scion did this on there release series but havenā€™t read anything on the A91.
I haven't read anything about it, but I'm hoping they will be, like the LE. Kinda neat.