Officially ordered my A91 edition

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Unfortunately it looks like I drew the A91 short straw... during the first wash over the weekend, it quickly became obvious this thing has been blasted by the elements and metals from rail transport (rail dust) which has rusted and blasted through the clear coat --- which is super thin.

After hitting some test areas with iron remover and medium clay, it leaves pitting deep enough to catch the finger nail. Not going to go through the motions of major paint correction on a brand new car. So begins the long PITA of seeing where I get with the dealership.

Supra bummed.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Got a folder in the mail with a NASA membership and a free track day. Signed up for Pittsburgh and Mid-Ohio as an alternate so gonna be fun!

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Unfortunately it looks like I drew the A91 short straw... during the first wash over the weekend, it quickly became obvious this thing has been blasted by the elements and metals from rail transport (rail dust) which has rusted and blasted through the clear coat --- which is super thin.

After hitting some test areas with iron remover and medium clay, it leaves pitting deep enough to catch the finger nail. Not going to go through the motions of major paint correction on a brand new car. So begins the long PITA of seeing where I get with the dealership.

Supra bummed
Dang man. That's horrible! I've definitely seen rail dust on cars but nothing to that extent. I'd be cautious of letting the dealership try to correct this. I'd wager that they would cause more damage then good. Typically the detail guys are in their late teens/early 20's and have no clue how to properly wash or detail a car.

velocity2325

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Honda Accord, 2009 Scion tC, 2014 Tundra, 2021 A91 Supra

Supra bummed.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg
Man that really sucks. Any word on what the dealership could do for you?

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Dang man. That's horrible! I've definitely seen rail dust on cars but nothing to that extent. I'd be cautious of letting the dealership try to correct this. I'd wager that they would cause more damage then good. Typically the detail guys are in their late teens/early 20's and have no clue how to properly wash or detail a car.
Man that really sucks. Any word on what the dealership could do for you?
I'm at a personal impasse. I'm big on detailing and big on car paint, especially when a car is new. Dealer has been more than agreeable to fix the issue, but I have to use their "guy" to "buff it out."

In the end, this is a fait accompli - I'm either doing the paint correction myself or paying someone to. But I'm not letting the dealership do it -- because we know what that end result is.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I'm at a personal impasse. I'm big on detailing and big on car paint, especially when a car is new. Dealer has been more than agreeable to fix the issue, but I have to use their "guy" to "buff it out."

In the end, this is a fait accompli - I'm either doing the paint correction myself or paying someone to. But I'm not letting the dealership do it -- because we know what that end result is.
That really sucks you have to deal with the paint issue. I did a paint correction on mine over the weekend. I gotta say, I was able to achieve great results from 1 step correction using Sonax Perfect Finish. I did decon the paint using Iron Remover, but it was pretty clean and clayed the entire car.

I ceramic coated mine using CSL and EXO v4 combo. Took the wheels off as well to clean the face and barrel and clay. They also got the CSL and EXO V4 combo. I did get to do the glass yet. So I'll the polishing and coating the glass this weekned.

Bananashark

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Toyota Supra
So dealer called again and delivery date has been pushed out. Honestly starting to wonder when I just tell the dealer and Toyota to F*** off and give me my money back.

This is getting extremely frustrating especially bc at any moment in the Midwest it can start snowing and then I have to figure out how to get it transported. If its not here by Thanksgiving I'm cancelling as it will be a 2-month delay as of this Saturday.

TiMkUv

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
So dealer called again and delivery date has been pushed out. Honestly starting to wonder when I just tell the dealer and Toyota to F*** off and give me my money back.

This is getting extremely frustrating especially bc at any moment in the Midwest it can start snowing and then I have to figure out how to get it transported. If its not here by Thanksgiving I'm cancelling as it will be a 2-month delay as of this Saturday.
When were you expecting delivery?

Bananashark

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Toyota Supra
Mid september. Signed the contract beginning of September. Every two weeks its the same response "toyota has pushed delivery back two more weeks"

TiMkUv

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Mid september. Signed the contract beginning of September. Every two weeks its the same response "toyota has pushed delivery back two more weeks"
Thatā€™s everyone who hasnā€™t got theirs yet. Where are you getting yours from? Mine was suppose to be deliver this week. Iā€™m still waiting, youā€™re not alone in this.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Come back when you've waited 8 months :rofl:

All our cars were delayed. Mine arrived Stateside August 10th and I didn't get it till October.