Okay to mix and match Tires?

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
oh hey it's that guy from the country i hadn't heard of! :)

in the dry, you'll gain a significant amount of understeer. in the wet, you'll have TONS of oversteer. your driving will have to adjust to the point you might not enjoy the car anymore lol. better off grabbing all four
Thanks for the feedback, wet won't be a problem, it's tucked away then.;) But why do you think the understeer will be any worse than with a matching set? In reality I only push on climbs, coming from motorbikes I never like the feel of loading the front downhill anyway.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Thanks for the feedback, wet won't be a problem, it's tucked away then.;) But why do you think the understeer will be any worse than with a matching set? In reality I only push on climbs, coming from motorbikes I never like the feel of loading the front downhill anyway.
i'm not fully understanding the question but if i say "the difference in grip", does that answer it?

i've driven an SS 1LE on the stock Supercar 3s and another on PS4S. HUGE difference in grip

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
i'm not fully understanding the question but if i say "the difference in grip", does that answer it?

i've driven an SS 1LE on the stock Supercar 3s and another on PS4S. HUGE difference in grip
I get that, but given how quickly the rears have worn adding a gripier rear tyre might just as well improve the overall balance. Surely it's not a given that it will make the car worse. Of course you may be right and it may well push things too far and provoke unacceptable levels of understeer.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
So I had a long chat with my tyre guy, he recommended the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 over the Supersport. His take on mixing the tyres was try it, it might be a step up from what I have now overall but less than if I went for all four, but I wouldn't know until I change the fronts next time anyway. On the other hand it might be awful in which cases he can fit the fronts next day to match. Seems kind of obvious really.
Sponsored