Old Guy (again)

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
I have a 2021 A90 Premium with the Eibach Pro lowering springs running with stock wheels and tires. I'd like to go to 20" wheels. Any and all advice on a good set up for 20" wheels and tires will be greatly appreiciated! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Budget?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Some housekeeping suggestions.
Title is super random and post lacks tags...
Easier to search n find.

OP
OP

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks
Budget, within reason depending on how much performance is enhanced with suggested wheels and tires. Driving, mostly daily and occasional spirited back road Texas twisties. Weather, hot dry with occasional rain and very limited snow. As far as tags, I'm 79 years old with limited technical abilities. Hence, lack of tags. Radom, point well taken I'll try to do better in the future. Suggestions please.

OP
OP

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Info. no longer needed
Thanks

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thanks
Budget, within reason depending on how much performance is enhanced with suggested wheels and tires. Driving, mostly daily and occasional spirited back road Texas twisties. Weather, hot dry with occasional rain and very limited snow. As far as tags, I'm 79 years old with limited technical abilities. Hence, lack of tags. Radom, point well taken I'll try to do better in the future. Suggestions please.
Dudeā€¦ Go get it! Giving me hopes for my later dayz amigo šŸ˜ƒ

Are you wanting 20s for a look? Some considerations would be front fit, tire rub, etc. Checkout these guys šŸ‘‡ (scroll down, not selecting a wheel):

https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/toyota/supra/toyota-gr-supra-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide

Their guides and advice are fantastic! So I ended up buying a set from them. 18ā€™s fatties for the track. Tons of tires, car sits lower, I have the ability to rotate my wheels all around using the same size, with the most tire options. I still drive on my OEM wheels (painted a color I liked with Hyperdip) when Iā€™m not tracking, 6 months out of the year.

Another good consideration you mentioned, the technical side. Iā€™m with ya there. If you buy wheels the same size the computer calcs are still the same to determine mph and other stuff. Another size could throw off some things and the same size wonā€™t. So you might want to stick to the same size wheels or perhaps even powder coat them or even cheaper, Hyperdip them like I did.

OP
OP

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FLtrackdays Update
I went with HRE Flowform 19" 10" wide rear 9" wide frt. Performance wise: Active Autowerke catted DP, FTP Charge pipes, Evolution CAI, JP4 map 3 tune, AWE Tuning Touring resonated exhuast, and every CUSCO brace offered for the A90. I'm planning a tune at a performane shop and will post the results when I have them. 80 years old now and still rippin!

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
FLtrackdays Update
I went with HRE Flowform 19" 10" wide rear 9" wide frt. Performance wise: Active Autowerke catted DP, FTP Charge pipes, Evolution CAI, JP4 map 3 tune, AWE Tuning Touring resonated exhuast, and every CUSCO brace offered for the A90. I'm planning a tune at a performane shop and will post the results when I have them. 80 years old now and still rippin!
Fuck yes, dude. This is the best thing I've seen on this forum. Get it.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜53 Chevy Truck, Looking to Buy a MKV
Man, i thought i was old at 52 getting ready to buy my Supra on my 53rd birthday. Glad to hear at your age you are still killinā€™ it! Much respect, you give me hope sir!!

OP
OP

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ComfortRacing
Get it now, because the older you get the faster the days pass you bye. You'll be very happy with with the Supra. I've been driving sports cars for over fifty years and traded a Roush Mustang for the Supra. The Supra is the best sports car I've owned bye far! Good Luck.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜53 Chevy Truck, Looking to Buy a MKV
Thanks, and good advice. I have owned a bunch as well and the MK5 will offset my 700hp ā€˜53 chevy truck too and much more easier to handle daily. Cant wait but promised the wife i wouldnt spend the money until Marchā€¦stinks but keeps the house happy!

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
ComfortRacing
Get it now, because the older you get the faster the days pass you bye. You'll be very happy with with the Supra. I've been driving sports cars for over fifty years and traded a Roush Mustang for the Supra. The Supra is the best sports car I've owned bye far! Good Luck.
Ain't that the truth.

Phil

OP
OP

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ComfortRacing