HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
Hello!!

Since i track my supra on regular basis i decided to start updgrade the car to get the most out of it and i wanted to start with phasis since i dont have alot of experience and i started to put a list which i attached below.

1693145849966.png

i welcome and recommendation or directions when it comes to the build.

Thank you,
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
By "heat exchanger" do you mean the one at the front of the car, or the intake manifold?

If you mean the one at the front of the car, it's a waste of cash. You want a manifold for consistent IATs.

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
By "heat exchanger" do you mean the one at the front of the car, or the intake manifold?

If you mean the one at the front of the car, it's a waste of cash. You want a manifold for consistent IATs.
Yes i meant the one at the front, thanks for the tip.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Horn replacement šŸ¤£
You forgot the side mirror wind deflectors.

Pretty good list.
I suppose aero is phase 2?
No performance mods right.
Auto or manual on track? Could get bigger more tactile flappy shift paddles magnetic..

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
Horn replacement šŸ¤£
You forgot the side mirror wind deflectors.

Pretty good list.
I suppose aero is phase 2?
No performance mods right.
Auto or manual on track? Could get bigger more tactile flappy shift paddles magnetic..
Yeah forgot about the side mirrors.

Phase 2 will be the power upgrade Stage 2+, Suspension & Aero kit

I'm planning to get a steering wheel and carbon fiber paddels soon

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Change out your oil for thicker viscosity oil. @FLtrackdays might have the most comparable temperatures to you in the Emirates (albeit way more humid), and probably has the best reference point.

Probably also worth doing stainless steel brake lines and some DOT4 brake fluid since you're doing pads and the ducts.

I've got the Verus brake master cylinder brace installed as well for better brake feel, but that's up to you.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
If the car on stock tune/map, then you only need to upgrade your engine oil (5w-30) and your brake fluid/brake pads. For cooling an upgraded intake manifold is more than enough and for handling you can start with lowering springs to gain more camber for better grip and tire life.

I would suggest to start upgrading other parts based on the car feedback on track.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
If you are looking at effective modifications vs rumor/cost out of your pocket, shoot me a PM. Internet rumor can cost you a fortune with no result. I (and a select few others) can give you my opinion based on experience. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ¤˜šŸ¼
P.S. I am a minimalist and only do stuff when my car needs it and only If necessary go faster. I do not have the luxury of throwing stuff on the car just because it's cool šŸ¤£

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hello!!

Since i track my supra on regular basis i decided to start updgrade the car to get the most out of it and i wanted to start with phasis since i dont have alot of experience and i started to put a list which i attached below.

1693145849966.png
Change out your oil for thicker viscosity oil. @FLtrackdays might have the most comparable temperatures to you in the Emirates (albeit way more humid), and probably has the best reference point.

Probably also worth doing stainless steel brake lines and some DOT4 brake fluid since you're doing pads and the ducts.

I've got the Verus brake master cylinder brace installed as well for better brake feel, but that's up to you.
Great list & love those mods! With Roman brake wise. Inexpensive and worth it if youā€™re going to track a lot. Like Jason said, only add what you have to - to have fun! Youā€™ll find out quickly what you need as you get faster. This car is quite capable.

Have you tracked her yet?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah forgot about the side mirrors.

Phase 2 will be the power upgrade Stage 2+, Suspension & Aero kit

I'm planning to get a steering wheel and carbon fiber paddels soon
Also, fully agree with Jason, kaj, if tracking, doing one thing at a time. Otherwise itā€™s hard to narrow down any issue youā€™re having. So go slow brother and hold off on anything else. See how those parts you already have feel. More time on track = best mod ever. I still like your initial list. Solid choices andā€¦ I just got a horn - canā€™t wait to get that sucker put in. Not needed for track. But damnā€¦ hold your ears if you have to use the OEM one šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
N
Are you having brake issues? I've run in 100Ā° heart and never had any fade.

Nope, no issues its just a recommendation from the performance workshop iā€™m willing to do the car with.

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22

Thanks for the tips, regarding the engine oil, i heard thereā€™s a specific Oil to go with otherwise it might harm the engine, in all cases i will check if these fluids are available locally otherwise i will order them

I appreciate the input bro
Sponsored