OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
If the car on stock tune/map, then you only need to upgrade your engine oil (5w-30) and your brake fluid/brake pads. For cooling an upgraded intake manifold is more than enough and for handling you can start with lowering springs to gain more camber for better grip and tire life.

I would suggest to start upgrading other parts based on the car feedback on track.

The car is on stock tune, however maybe a cold intake with downpipe and basic tune will be applied in phase 2.

I got a recommendation to not go with lowering springs and opt for a coilover Suspension, still considering KW or BC.

All fluids will be changed as well.

For the cooling i will Go with the heat exchanger in the current time for budget reason.

i will start to do basic upgrades and see the results and adjust.

Thanks for the input
Sponsored

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
If you are looking at effective modifications vs rumor/cost out of your pocket, shoot me a PM. Internet rumor can cost you a fortune with no result. I (and a select few others) can give you my opinion based on experience. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ¤˜šŸ¼
P.S. I am a minimalist and only do stuff when my car needs it and only If necessary go faster. I do not have the luxury of throwing stuff on the car just because it's cool šŸ¤£

Will drop you a message, Thanks!!

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
Great list & love those mods! With Roman brake wise. Inexpensive and worth it if youā€™re going to track a lot. Like Jason said, only add what you have to - to have fun! Youā€™ll find out quickly what you need as you get faster. This car is quite capable.

Have you tracked her yet?
Yes i have tracked her and she was lovely More potential than i thought.

iā€™m trying to keep the balance as i daily the car every day and when winter comes i track it almost once twice a month just to have fun.

By winter next year iā€™m planning to go more time attack and competitive.

Iā€™ll start partially and see the development based on the feed back.

Do you track your car ?

OP
OP

HHM212

First Name
Hasan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 - 22
Also, fully agree with Jason, kaj, if tracking, doing one thing at a time. Otherwise itā€™s hard to narrow down any issue youā€™re having. So go slow brother and hold off on anything else. See how those parts you already have feel. More time on track = best mod ever. I still like your initial list. Solid choices andā€¦ I just got a horn - canā€™t wait to get that sucker put in. Not needed for track. But damnā€¦ hold your ears if you have to use the OEM one šŸ˜‚
i dont use the horn at all, i feel embarrassed which one you got ? Iā€™m opting for 911 horn :)).

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
1.Yes i have tracked her and she was lovely More potential than i thought.

iā€™m trying to keep the balance as i daily the car every day and when winter comes i track it almost once twice a month just to have fun.

2.By winter next year iā€™m planning to go more time attack and competitive.

Iā€™ll start partially and see the development based on the feed back.

Do you track your car ?
1. Right? Best platform, out of the box, I've ever run (because I haven't owned a Porsche šŸ¤£)

2. Just say goodbye to your wallet now. Racing is a bug. A leeching bug. Okay, a leech. Or a tick. But yeah, once you start down that road....šŸ¤£
But it's a fun road.

i dont use the horn at all, i feel embarrassed which one you got ? Iā€™m opting for 911 horn :)).
I finally heard mine, the other day. Bumped it while messing with my seat. It sounds European. I didn't think anything wrong with it. šŸ¤·šŸ¼
After all I've read, I'm wondering if mine is already swapped out (I bought it used).

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
, only add what you have to - to have fun!
Mostly because I'm a cheap bastard so I can spend more money on track days than parts. šŸ¤£
All the practice is paying off this season, though.. So worth it, I suppose.

Nope, no issues its just a recommendation from the performance workshop iā€™m willing to do the car with.
Well, shops are in the business of making money, so keep that in mind. A brake cooling kit *shouldn't* hurt anything, assuming your pads are staying at operating temp.....but souldn't be needed at this stage, either..
That being said.. If it's a shop you trust and you are following their plan, then I say stick with it.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I finally heard mine, the other day. Bumped it while messing with my seat. It sounds European. I didn't think anything wrong with it. šŸ¤·šŸ¼
After all I've read, I'm wondering if mine is already swapped out (I bought it used).
Same, not sure why people whambulance about it so much. Sounds like a horn.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I chalk it up to being one of those "platform specific things that everybody does as a group because it's fun to do things together".
With one of the other cars I used to have, the owners were all buying OEM wheels from different years/trims and swapping them onto their car. That's the ONLY thing they would do, other than full PPF treatments. Anyway, they were all doing it and giving virtual high fives to each other. It was really weird.
At least I kinda get the horn thing.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Thanks for the tips, regarding the engine oil, i heard thereā€™s a specific Oil to go with otherwise it might harm the engine, in all cases i will check if these fluids are available locally otherwise i will order them

I appreciate the input bro
I personally use Liqui Moly 5w-30: BMW 5W30 Oil Change Kit - Liqui Moly 11428583898.LM | FCP Euro
but you could go for 5w-40 given the UAE heat. This appears to be the go-to. Get the spec that you find on FCP Euro for the Z4.

Brake fluid: I've just flushed and have Castrol SRF in my car. Gonna give it a try and see how it goes. Motul RBF 600 will be my next thing to try if I'm not impressed.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I must have gotten the clown šŸ¤” šŸŽŗ version. All high pitch, no low, and will be the 1st horn Iā€™ve changed out in my lifetime. I should have never hit the damn thing and I wouldnā€™t have knownā€¦ I bought a really expensive $15 replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LVR19YR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Warning @HHM212 Do not go to Bryanā€™s (Razorlab) build page! Itā€™s everything you want to do to a track car. Stay AWAY āš  ā›”

Last edited:

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
A brake cooling kit *shouldn't* hurt anything, assuming your pads are staying at operating temp.....but souldn't be needed at this stage, either..
Well from my side, except the tires and pads, I only bought a brake cooling kit (from Speed Engineering), and my reasoning was that it would enable me to have less pads wear and potentially to use cheaper pads. Any thoughts on that?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Well from my side, except the tires and pads, I only bought a brake cooling kit (from Speed Engineering), and my reasoning was that it would enable me to have less pads wear and potentially to use cheaper pads. Any thoughts on that?
Great idea! Link to the kit? and love to hear how they hold up for you šŸ˜ƒ Iā€™ve had other ones (not the Supra) eventually wear or zip ties tear into the ducts.

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great idea! Link to the kit? and love to hear how they hold up for you šŸ˜ƒ Iā€™ve had other ones (not the Supra) eventually wear or zip ties tear into the ducts.
That one:
BremsenkĆ¼hlung passend fĆ¼r Toyota Supra MK5 / Z4 G29 - SPEED (speedengineering.de)
You need to trim the mud guard a little bit on the right side.
I did not measure anything to be honest, but from last weekend my rear discs are a bit blue, and the front aren't. :rofl:
It might be because I drove partially with the ESP in sport mode, as it was raining from time to time.

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I forgot the most important:
With a brake cooling kit, all the fresh air is sent inside the disc, and none to the caliber.
I don't know if it is linked, but I felt like my pedal was very soft after parking, and it is maybe because the caliber is not so well cooled down during my cooling lap. I need to test more to confirm!
Sponsored