MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Do you yall prefer carbon fiber skirts and front lip or black to match the oem
Always go with what you prefer the most. I like the carbon accents myself but you canā€™t go wrong either way if youā€™re planning on adding them.

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I too am trying to decide what to do here.
Originally figured Iā€™d go with carbon lip/skirts/spoiler/mirrorsā€¦

but I found a great set of gloss black mirror caps and love how the gloss black looks on the white car. So now Iā€™m thinking gloss black lip/skirts/spoiler but am afraid the gloss black will look odd with the satin black oem pieces so Iā€™m kind of at a stand still on doing anything.
Would like to see pics or hear comments on anyone that has done gloss black lip/skirts and how it looks with the oem pieces.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF

but I found a great set of gloss black mirror caps and love how the gloss black looks on the white car. So now Iā€™m thinking gloss black lip/skirts/spoiler but am afraid the gloss black will look odd with the satin black oem pieces so Iā€™m kind of at a stand still on doing anything.
Would like to see pics or hear comments on anyone that has done gloss black lip/skirts and how it looks with the oem pieces.
I actually saw a car in the UK decked out similar in the gloss and I thought it was great. Donā€™t second guess yourself, pull the trigger and enjoy your ride!

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Personally I like the look of both but the thought of smacking an expensive carbon lip on a curb makes me cringe šŸ˜…. Something semi flexible and satin would be perfect. I'm making an Aimgain replica in a semi-flexible fiberglass resin so we'll see how that goes
20230304_173924.jpg

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom

02500C79-EAF0-4D19-8CD7-D6A94623036E.jpeg
9940E2D6-7AFC-4D8F-A5E7-3A71A4547715.jpeg

I have gloss black lip and side skirts and personally, I like it

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
For now I have the gloss black Maxton pieces. Eventually Iā€™ll swap the oem bits for carbon and use the Maxton pieces. Unless something new comes out that changes my mind. Not that I have scraped the lip yet I know it will happen eventually and would rather replace the cheap Maxton piece than an expensive carbon piece.

NESS3000

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I think paint match looks better and you see it less often. Feels like everyone goes with the carbon look(looks food too).

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
Having damaged 2 front splitters already on my RS6 (not lowered even with suspension lift), there's no way I would get carbon fiber front splitters lol.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I just went with the glossy black finish MaxtonV2 on mine.. just the front splitter. I think adding too many pieces on the sides and rear make the car look a bit busy.

LaB58

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pearl White
Same here I would love to do a nice front lip. But I drive interstate at night everyday for work. My last car was a Genesis coupe and I hit a 2 foot long piece of blown truck tire at 75mph and destroyed the front cap of the car. So now I live with ptsd. These cars are so low mine 4 inches in the front that adding an extra grand to the cost of hitting anything isnā€™t worth it.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Maxton v2 front lip and maxton v3 sideskirts and spats
Same setup on mine. Looks clean - almost like itā€™s OEM.

Honestly for anyone looking to get a body or lip kit, expect it to get ruined - especially if youā€™re lowered. I paid for expensive kits on past cars and always had a fit when Iā€™d get that first scratch on the front lip.

Which is why I went with Maxton over a Max Orido kit (what I originally wanted). Wonā€™t care to much if the Maxton lip gets ruined - itā€™s not too pricey to replace. But Iā€™d be pissed at myself if I ruined a Max Orido kit I paid thousands for.
Sponsored