Front sway bar options... opinions please

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I'm thinking of adding a front sway bar to the Supra. Looking for some input from others who currently have one in place.

Looking for one that is quiet without added noises, set it once positioning and leave it.

I know many will state I should add the rear as well at the same time. Understandable but I just want to add the front bar at this time. Not wanting to add camber plates either.

I'm currently running the Eibach Euro Z4 Springs and 20" Vossen Wheels. No planned track use... just spirited street driving on occasion.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8846.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Your criteria is met by any sway bar on the market when installed correctly. I use an aFe sway bar up front set to full stiff, and there was a marked improvement in steering feel as a result. I'm sure other sway bars would be similarly enjoyable. I don't drive my car 10/10 on a track, but it felt fantastic for spirited driving. Changing out the front sway is my favorite mod for a street car.

Your best decision is probably on price. Cusco, aFe, and Whiteline are solid options.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I'm running the aFe front (only) sway bar at full stiff as well. I'm also lowered on the same Z4 Euro Eibachs. Love the setup!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^ He's right.

aFe is 29mm at its stiffest setting and 195% stiffer than stock.

Cusco is 28mm non-adjustable and 194% stiffer than stock.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I skipped Eibach since they didn't publish their torsion rates. :dunno:

primeakf11

First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Well as a data point, I have been running an Eibach FSB since last spring and it has been dead quiet. As in, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and my old OEM bar in a blind test, aside from the obvious increase in stiffness.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I know @Traxion has had his (eibach) for a long time and as far as I know had zero complaints and definitely no noise but did somewhat recently have a link that broke on one side not to say it had anything to do with the bar though.

I just installed mine last night (eibach) after work and put it to the mid setting. Didn't do much other than drive it straight home but seemed to have a little less body roll when I tried rocking the car a few times going down the hwy than with the old bar and also the bushings seemed to also be a much better quality bushing that also come with zerks

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Fwiw I did have clunk from where end link attached until I swapped to SPL endlinks. Performance is great though.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Fwiw I did have clunk from where end link attached until I swapped to SPL endlinks. Performance is great though.
~ With which particular brand swaybar?

Afterburn 549

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR 3.0
I am not sure why you would want a stiffer sway bar and not want to go more Neg on the camber?
If you are needing it for more body control, Neg Camber will help with the tires holding...usually.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm thinking about SPL end links too to avoid the extra stress on the oem ones. Any issues with them? I read a few comments in the BMW forums that they can squeak or clunk occasionally because of the full metal build without the rubber boot.
Sponsored