Front sway bar - help me decide please.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you guys feel like the Eibach front anti roll bar on a stock dd-while making the car more neutral- could be dangerous in inclement conditions by inducing understeer in situations you wouldnā€™t want it to? Even if itā€™s set to the medium amount of ride stiffness

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
If you want adjustable aftermarket sway bars for an FR (front-engine rear-wheel drive car), always change both FRONT & REAR.

It can be noticeable even for a daily drive car. Sway bars will only work on cornerning. So in a straight line, it might not give an impression. If you maintain your stock electronic damping, your ride should still give you that ā€œcomfortā€ level

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Do you guys feel like the Eibach front anti roll bar on a stock dd-while making the car more neutral- could be dangerous in inclement conditions by inducing understeer in situations you wouldnā€™t want it to? Even if itā€™s set to the medium amount of ride stiffness

yes.

And, There is no reason to spend this $$ on a daily driver. Save it for the CF bits everyone seems to like.

If you are set on adding sway bars, like the man above said, absolutely do both front and rear.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Those who autocross, and want to remain in stock class, are limited to one bar. Front or rear but not both. Never understood that rule change decision. Either keep it stock and prohibit any sway bar changes or allow both. Going the way they did just seems dumb.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Those who autocross, and want to remain in stock class, are limited to one bar. Front or rear but not both. Never understood that rule change decision. Either keep it stock and prohibit any sway bar changes or allow both. Going the way they did just seems dumb.
For a FF layout (front engine, front wheel drive car), to correct understeer, it would probably suffice to just change the rear sway bar. My 2 cents.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Anyone here have the Whitelines installed on stock springs?

1siksupra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 downshift blue supra
Jackie Ding says eibach bars is the way. Who else tracks their cars? Any feed back to these sway bars and a good universal parts list to take away the floating feeling we normally get. When I was at the mountains the car felt ok with coil overs but had a good bitvof body roll and just want tighten that feeling down to I'm on rails.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Jackie Ding says eibach bars is the way. Who else tracks their cars? Any feed back to these sway bars and a good universal parts list to take away the floating feeling we normally get. When I was at the mountains the car felt ok with coil overs but had a good bitvof body roll and just want tighten that feeling down to I'm on rails.
I had that front end floaty feeling on the track. Even with MCS coilovers. I then upgraded the front sway bar with a cusco and that feeling went away.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eibach pro springs with sway bars front and back. I am installing replacement oem struts that I have destroyed in 2 seasons
Iā€™m installing Eibach Pro Plus (springs & sways) Done this similar setup on my 86 (with Bilstein shocks). What a great ride!
Sponsored