Owning a Supra with small kid(s)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
As a parent of a 13 and 17 year old, this is a feature, not a bug.
Once they reach the pedals its game over. My youngest already called dibs over her brother. 😆

-RJM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Surprisingly the front passenger seat can accommodate a baby seat. You can also turn off the air bags as well. If you read the owner’s manual, a baby seat can be installed there. I sometimes do wish my Supra was a 4 door sedan or crossover. But they again that would be the m340i or x3 m40i lol 😆

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
First, congratulations! Welcome to truly confusing time of life...

With a brand new baby, I wouldn't do it. Recommendations vary from state to state. But I believe they all recommend keeping babies in the back seat and up to toddlers in a rear facing position. I'd stay away from the Supra until the kido is up for front facing seat.

Once your little one is riding around with you face forward, then a 2 seater is perfectly fine 2nd car for a 3 person family. Basic argument is that the three of you will never be in the same place at the same time without the family car. As others have said, there's an anchor point for a car seat/booster and there's control over the airbags. The Supra will work fine here.

As a 3rd or more car? I don't see the issue. Buy it, drive it, have a great time. The little one doesn't ride in it for a few years. Is it wise to own, worth the money, how much can you drive.. all of that is subjective and only you can answer.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I bought mine like 2 weeks after my daughter was born. I don't plan to put her in it, but if I had to I would.

It can suck when we go out cause taking two cars isn't practical, but sometimes I do it cause idc haha.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Hey guys. This is the year I'm planning to pull the trigger on a new Supra. However life changes and we now have an almost 1 year old. And I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Obviously a supra isn't a practical car to own with a baby. We all can't go out together first and foremost. But I do also have a 2020 4runner and an F150 so although it's impractical, the desire to own one is strong. I have looked at other sports cars that have a back seat but aside from a 997 there isn't much that would fit the bill. I am just concerned how much I will actually get to use it

Has anyone put a forward facing car seat in the passenger seat? If so. What model, how does it fit etc. I really want to introduce my kid to cars at a young age. So I think it would be awesome to take them cruising in the Supra a couple years down the line.

Has anyone bought one with a small child and regret owning it?
Congrats on the child - children really put your life into perspective.

I wouldn't even try putting a child seat in the supra unless its an emergency.

The back seats of any 911 are just there to say its a 4 seater, they aren't really anything comfy or large.

Any long door coupe will suck trying to get a child seat / child in and out of the back. We had a 4 runner with two kids in child seats and just pulled the trigger and got an AWD Sienna- the minivan is a godsend, don't try to fight it :)

With a one year old you really wont be going anywhere with them in the sports car - your wife will be yelling at you about your speed and how you are driving, etc...

Your profile says you have a '93 MKIV - i wouldn't even consider getting rid of that for a new supra even it the MKV is better, etc.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Hey guys. This is the year I'm planning to pull the trigger on a new Supra. However life changes and we now have an almost 1 year old. And I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Obviously a supra isn't a practical car to own with a baby. We all can't go out together first and foremost. But I do also have a 2020 4runner and an F150 so although it's impractical, the desire to own one is strong. I have looked at other sports cars that have a back seat but aside from a 997 there isn't much that would fit the bill. I am just concerned how much I will actually get to use it

Has anyone put a forward facing car seat in the passenger seat? If so. What model, how does it fit etc. I really want to introduce my kid to cars at a young age. So I think it would be awesome to take them cruising in the Supra a couple years down the line.

Has anyone bought one with a small child and regret owning it?
You have more than one car so, if you can afford it and it would make life a little more fun, why not?

OP
OP
mkivalex

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Thanks for the input guys. I said I would get a manual Supra when it arrives, and I will stick to it.

I totally get that it won't be used as much as I would probably like but some supra is better than no supra :D. I sold my MKIV a few years back and Its been brutal not having a fun car to hop in. I tried the 4runner route and I just don't feel the passion like I have with sports cars. Love it, and its modable but like I said just not the same.

Now all I need to wait for is to see if they release a green for 2024!

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Congrats OP! And like others have said, you have the best of both worlds at your disposal...practical trucks to be the daily, and Supra as the fun car.
Sponsored