Pacific Raceways WA Complimentary HPDE

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Anyone from the Pacific NW hear anything about complimentary track days at Pacific Raceways? The website lists Pacific Raceways but I haven't seen any Pacific Raceway option for a couple of weeks now.

The drive to Thunderhill is also quite a long trip, so I'd prefer it to be closer.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I havenā€™t heard anything about Pacific Raceways hosting the NASA events for us. Are you planning on doing any of ProForma Racing Classes?

-RJM

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have one planned for the 28th. I'm hoping I see something on the Supra site in the next two weeks or so; otherwise I'll reach out again to see if they can get something on the cards.

dhcooper

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0
I am scheduled for the NASA event on 3/24. Anyone driven this track? I have a race car buddy that said that track is notorious for wrecks when wet.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am scheduled for the NASA event on 3/24. Anyone driven this track? I have a race car buddy that said that track is notorious for wrecks when wet.
How you schedule for 03/24? I donā€™t see that date on the list. Am I just missing it? Iā€™m trying to arrange a bunch of Supra owners from the PDX to come do a trip up there for a free track day.

Ive heard it can be a narrow track which a lot of people may not like. Probably like most race tracks and not great when wet.

dhcooper

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0
How you schedule for 03/24? I donā€™t see that date on the list. Am I just missing it? Iā€™m trying to arrange a bunch of Supra owners from the PDX to come do a trip up there for a free track day.

Ive heard it can be a narrow track which a lot of people may not like. Probably like most race tracks and not great when wet.
Here is my reg. They contacted me a while back. Maybe reach out to them. Would be great to get a bunch of us up there.

Attachments

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have but only in the dry. The main concerns are the lack of runoff space anywhere on the track. Except for turn 2, if you go off, its a wall or trees. Also, it could really do with a re-pave.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I would stay off that track when wet unless youā€™re running rain tires. You will be sliding all over.

-RJM

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would stay off that track when wet unless youā€™re running rain tires. You will be sliding all over.

-RJM
I'll second avoiding the track when wet, especially if you haven't tossed on better brake pads and tires for wet surface performance. Other than the main straight, the passing zones are fairly short, so it's not really the best on a wet day.

The Ridge may be a better bet if you want to get some experience on a wet track despite it being more challenging, but in general, you'll probably have a better time going when it's dry and around 55-65 degrees for ideal tracking conditions.

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
Thank you for the warnings, I'll take it easy then. I don't expect a novice group to have much overtaking and all that much speed to be honest. I am just excited to get some training to become a better driver.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for the warnings, I'll take it easy then. I don't expect a novice group to have much overtaking and all that much speed to be honest. I am just excited to get some training to become a better driver.
Passing during the HPDE comes down to how confident you are. You may get some commuter car drivers coming out to the HPDE, so you may get more passing in than you think. There was a Tesla Model 3, a 4Runner, and a Rav4 Hybrid at my HPDE last year.

The main reason I'd recommend dry days is that the car is already tail happy and the short wheelbase does make it quite twitchy, which all get exacerbated in the rain. For some context, I gave the car 1/2 throttle on the I-5 to I-90 onramp at around 45 mph on a rainy 50 degree day with TC on and the tail stepped out on me before TC finally kicked in and caught the slide.

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
Passing during the HPDE comes down to how confident you are. You may get some commuter car drivers coming out to the HPDE, so you may get more passing in than you think. There was a Tesla Model 3, a 4Runner, and a Rav4 Hybrid at my HPDE last year.

The main reason I'd recommend dry days is that the car is already tail happy and the short wheelbase does make it quite twitchy, which all get exacerbated in the rain. For some context, I gave the car 1/2 throttle on the I-5 to I-90 onramp at around 45 mph on a rainy 50 degree day with TC on and the tail stepped out on me before TC finally kicked in and caught the slide.
The good thing is that it isn't snap oversteer. I have had a few power oversteer situations already, but it is really easy to correct. I almost had myself talked out of it, but since it is going to be dry the day before and day of, I think it will be ok. I'll be in the novice group, and really be intentional and take it slow so I don't exceed my abilities.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The good thing is that it isn't snap oversteer. I have had a few power oversteer situations already, but it is really easy to correct. I almost had myself talked out of it, but since it is going to be dry the day before and day of, I think it will be ok. I'll be in the novice group, and really be intentional and take it slow so I don't exceed my abilities.
You should be good then.
Sponsored